Smackdown 10/17/14 results

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Smackdown1.png

WWE taped the October 17, 2014 Smackdown episode from the BJCC Arena in Birmingham, Alabama.
Here are the Smackdown spoilers:

Dark match:

* Kofi Kingston def. Heath Slater.

WWE Smackdown

* Seth Rollins kicks off SmackDown and gets major heat. Fans chant "you sold out" and Rollins mocks them, telling them to keep the heat coming. Rollins says the fans would sell out as well. Rollins talks about Dean Ambrose and says he doesn't belong inside Hell In a Cell, he belongs in a straight-jacket. Dolph Ziggler comes out and says the fans want to see him, not Rollins. Ziggler drops the mic and dropkicks Rollins to a big pop. That match starts right away.

* Seth Rollins defeated Dolph Ziggler with a Curb Stomp in a non-title match. Dean Ambrose came out to a big pop after the match. Ambrose talks about what he's going to do to Rollins at Hell In a Cell but is interrupted by Kane's music. Kane puts himself in the main event against Ambrose for later tonight.

* Layla vs. AJ Lee is up next. Paige and Alicia Fox watch from ringside. AJ gets the win with a Black Widow. After the match, Alicia rushes the ring but AJ counters her. Paige comes in the ring and lays AJ out with her finisher.

* Backstage segment with Sheamus and The Usos.

* A Wyatt Family vignette airs.

* Sheamus and The Usos vs. Stardust, Goldust and The Miz is next. Sheamus gets the win for his team after a Brogue Kick to Goldust.

* Big Show comes out to a big pop. Show talks about how he's going to destroy Rusev at Hell In a Cell. He asks Mark Henry to come to the ring. Show asks Henry to stay out of the match at Hell In a Cell and Henry says he will. They were interrupted by Rusev and Lana, who cut a promo about Hell In a Cell.

* Nikki Bella defeated Naomi with her finisher.

* Renee Young interviews Dean Ambrose backstage.

* Dean Ambrose vs. Kane is next in the main event. Seth Rollins is at ringside. Ambrose won by DQ when Rollins pulled the rope back. After the match, they attacked Ambrose. Kane powerbombed him and Rollins went for a Curb Stomp but Ambrose ended up hitting Kane with the chair while Rollins ran away to the stage.

Source: RingSideNews

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Btw, typical/10

I guess the next episode of SmackDown that's actually gonna be good is the one for its 20th anniversary. :happy:

Last edited:

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Every diva match has some sorry a** skit before or after the match. I suppose this supposed to be funny, yet its dogsh*t.
What the f*ck is up with Show calling Henry's candy a** out? Was it just so we could see for ourselves Henry would agree to stay out?
Could they not have discussed this while eating a disgusting burger or sh*thead fries?

Yeah, thank you for making it clear Henry is turning on Big Show and joining the Russians. Henry is tired of being American and joining Russia will make it all better.
Instead of simply turning heel on his worthless buddy, he'll turn heel and watch Rusev's back. Wait! That IS a better deal!

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
:wtf:
Kane spamming another SmackDown. What the fuck does he even do anymore? Goddamn.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Doesn't seem like it will really be that much of an event filled Smackdown being the 3rd to last show before the HIAC PPV.. I'll still watch it, need to recover from these past couple days of drinking and rest my shit :p

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I had it on as background noise... what I actually paid attention to wasn't terrible, but there wasn't much I really paid attention to.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Just watched it. Typical/10

Positives:
- Seth Rollins promo in the openning segment
- Ziggler vs Rollins. Dat Curb Stomp, though! The master salesman Ziggs sold it like a baws!
- Ambrose's promos
- Mizdow being entertaining and outshining everyone in a match 'tween The Usos/Sheamus vs Miz/Gold & Stardust
- Renee Young looking incredibly cute while interviewing Ambrose
- Decent closing segment

Negatives + 'I don't give a fuck about this' segment:
- Everything else

Reactions: Red Rain

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Just watched it. Typical/10

Positives:
- Seth Rollins promo in the openning segment
- Ziggler vs Rollins. Dat Curb Stomp, though! The master salesman Ziggs sold it like a baws!
- Ambrose's promos
- Mizdow being entertaining and outshining everyone in a match 'tween The Usos/Sheamus vs Miz/Gold & Stardust
- Renee Young looking incredibly cute while interviewing Ambrose
- Decent closing segment

Negatives + 'I don't give a fuck about this' segment:
- Everything else

Ziggler sells very well, that curb stomp.. I'll be honest I haven't seen him sell like that in awhile.. one of the best sellers I've seen in awhile!!