SmackDown 1/21/16 [Results]

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
proxy.php

WWE taped the January 21st, 2016 SmackDown episode from Dayton, OH.
Here are the full SmackDown spoilers:
* Chris Jericho kicks off SmackDown with a promo about the Royal Rumble. WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day interrupt and remember Francesca The Trombone again. This segment leads to The New Day vs. The Usos and Dolph Ziggler

* The Usos and Dolph Ziggler defeated The New Day with a triple superkick

* Becky Lynch defeated Alicia Fox by submission

* The Miz comes out for another edition of Miz TV. His guest is Kevin Owens and WWE Intercontinental Champion Dean Ambrose. They talk about their Last Man Standing match at Royal Rumble. Ambrose ended up hitting Dirty Deeds on The Miz. Owens then hit a pop-up powerbomb on Miz to end the segment

* Bray Wyatt defeated Ryback

* Titus O'Neil defeated Stardust

* WWE World Heavyweight Champion Roman Reigns defeated Rusev, Sheamus, King Barrett and WWE United States Champion Alberto Del Rio in a Handicap Match by DQ. The Usos ran down to even the odds and assist Reigns after the disqualification. The Wyatt Family then came to the ring and attacked, ending SmackDown

Source

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
This show was just sad.

Good stuff:

-A theme for the night: Here, they really tried to put the factions over, which makes sense. In kayfabe, Wyatt should be the favorite to win the Rumble since there's 3 henchmen who'll just throw themselves out for him, leading to the ultimate 4-on-1 advantage... League of Nations had a relatively good night you won't remember tomorrow because it's them...

-Wyatt vs Ryback, solid match, they work well together. I've had fun picking out what kinds of opponents are good for certain guys - Cena vs Indy guys, Sheamus vs bosses, Miz vs longtime WWE guys, etc... And both of these guys are the two most unpredictable dudes in terms of match quality lol

-Becky vs Alicia: Match was solid, Becky gets a clean win, champ holds up the belt. Boom. All you need

-Kalisto's promo

-Since I didn't see Raw the ending beat down was fun. Apparentky it went exactly like it was on Raw except without Brock.

Stuff I didn't like:

-The Factory of Sadness that was the opening segment: Chris Jericho in 2016 cutting promos that are just dying out there and just being dumb while mainly recapping everything that happened on Raw, New Day crying over a trombone which is funny but they, like Jericho, have falling stars that are sad to watch, then Ziggler who we all loved dearly just a few years ago being the poster child for Kofi Kingston/MFL syndrome and it's sad to watch, leading to a WWE style tag match with no real point than to continue to AJ Lee book the New Day (should call that New Day booking now, maybe Rollins booking?)... Yeah a lot of this was fast-forwarded through.

-The second Factory of Sadness that was MizTV. A back and forth promo between Ambrose and Owens felt like something I've seen a billion times. Owens had some good lines - and Miz got wrecked, always a plus - but... This should be a dream segment. Can we call these two up to NXT?

Titus vs Stardust in the most pointless feud ever. Can you not have a promo segment? Geez...

-A five-minute main event that ended in a DQ for kicking too much ass and Mauro trying to get lame shit like this over. At least the Usos came out for the save for a change, before the Wyatt's attacked. I guess the point of this was to reestablish the Family?