SmackDown 1/14/16 [Results]

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
347.jpg

WWE taped the January 14th, 2016 SmackDown episode from Lafayette, LA.
Here are the full SmackDown spoilers:
* Dean Ambrose says he wants a Last Man Standing match against Kevin Owens at the Rumble, but Sheamus interrupts. They almost get into it but Owens comes out an accepts the challenge. Owens and Sheamus attack Ambrose, but Neville makes the save.

* The Dudley Boyz defeat Luke Harper and Erick Rowan in a tables match, in what is said to be underwhelming. Strowman attacks the Dudleyz, tossing Bubba Ray through two tables, and D-Von through another after the match.

* Jojo is talking to new US Champion Kalisto, who says much like Rey Mysterio and Eddie Guerrero, he'll thrive in the land of the giants.

* Social Outcasts are out to take on Jack Swagger, Zack Ryder, Goldust and Damien Sandow. Dallas hits his finish on Ryder for the win but accidentally kicks Slater off the ring.

* Kalisto vs. Alberto Del Rio for the US title is next. Wade Barrett comes and joins Del Rio at ringside. Del Rio submits Kalisto to become new United States Champion, thanks to an assist from Barrett.

* Becky Lynch defeats Brie Bella via submission (Disarmor).

* Dean Ambrose & Neville vs. Kevin Owens & Sheamus ends in a no contest after both teams end up outside the ring going at it. After the match Ambrose and Neville hit their finishers on Owens.

Source

Last edited:

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
I knew he would win it stratight back as soon as a smackdown rematch was set up. I do not mind quick switch backs every now and then if the guys involved hsve both been champs before this is just stupid,pointless booking and makes both look weak

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I knew he would win it stratight back as soon as a smackdown rematch was set up. I do not mind quick switch backs every now and then if the guys involved hsve both been champs before this is just stupid,pointless booking and makes both look weak

Don't worry, mate. Kalisto will win it back on Monday. :Roddy:

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Okay, to add some #Snowtoptimism here...

2015, for all its faults, did one thing very well: Establish the midcard belts as not being complete pieces of garbage that derail careers. Winning a midcard belt has been a burial for many, many years, and between the Cena Open Challenge and Ryback/Owens actually winning matches and Ambrose's streak of quality Smackdown main events and how Ambrose and Owens are probably the #2 and #3 guys in this company right now while ADR won the US belt by pinning Cena clean... I'm not AS inclined to root against people winning midcard straps! Thank you. The biggest issues still remain - MFL syndrome/still being skeptical that Kalisto will become something, overall writing/presentation, it still being a consolation prize in kayfabe... But still, baby steps is all we can ask for with this company.

So now that you've established the belts enough to make Kalisto's shocking upset of ADR a great, arguably star-making moment, then you pull this shit on Smackdown? Why the hell would you do that? "To get heat on Del Rio!" Man, Del Rio couldn't get heat with a pail of kerosene in the rainforest. "Well, we need to estab- Stop it, no more hypothetical questions. This is inexcusable.

Babyfaces NEVER win in WWE. The first babyface that gets a glorious moment in the sun since Daniel Bryan loses the belt the next day.

Lucha Underground: Coming back soon on the El Rey Network

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Okay, to add some #Snowtoptimism here...

2015, for all its faults, did one thing very well: Establish the midcard belts as not being complete pieces of garbage that derail careers. Winning a midcard belt has been a burial for many, many years, and between the Cena Open Challenge and Ryback/Owens actually winning matches and Ambrose's streak of quality Smackdown main events and how Ambrose and Owens are probably the #2 and #3 guys in this company right now while ADR won the US belt by pinning Cena clean... I'm not AS inclined to root against people winning midcard straps! Thank you. The biggest issues still remain - MFL syndrome/still being skeptical that Kalisto will become something, overall writing/presentation, it still being a consolation prize in kayfabe... But still, baby steps is all we can ask for with this company.

So now that you've established the belts enough to make Kalisto's shocking upset of ADR a great, arguably star-making moment, then you pull this shit on Smackdown? Why the hell would you do that? "To get heat on Del Rio!" Man, Del Rio couldn't get heat with a pail of kerosene in the rainforest. "Well, we need to estab- Stop it, no more hypothetical questions. This is inexcusable.

Babyfaces NEVER win in WWE. The first babyface that gets a glorious moment in the sun since Daniel Bryan loses the belt the next day.

Lucha Underground: Coming back soon on the El Rey Network
You sound like your butt hurts.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I don't mind playing hot potato with the belt on occasion, since it helps keeps things fresh and unpredictable, but I personally believe that outside of rare exceptions (i.e. The Rock and Mankind's feud in late '98/early '99) that a person's first reign with any championship should be of a respectable length that lasts anywhere from three to five months. Not generally a fan of someone winning their first big title and then immediately losing it. (As it is, they'll probably do a rubber match at the Rumble and switch it back to Kalisto for good anyway, but still.)

I feel the same way about Roman winning his first WWE Title at Survivor Series only for Sheamus to immediately cash in and win it from him. Yeah, it made sense for the story, but Reigns is meant to be their next premier superstar and I'd of rather seen his first reign been a lengthy one. And now if he loses it at the Rumble, that means he'll already be a three-time WWE Champion by the time Mania is over. Urgh.

Reactions: Pop Tatari

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
lol this is gonna be a good "Smackdown told by memes show" stayed tuned folks! Should be up around 11:30 or something

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
ACT 1: Before the Show
ACT 2: I wanna feud fella
ACT 3: Understanding Table Science
ACT 4: Avoiding Number 3
ACT 5: Eddiesploitation in just one week
ACT 6: Divas going no where
ACT 7: For Teddy

Mr. Roman Empire