Site should be much faster now

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Removed our advertisements, share buttons and replaced a ton of images to help increase our site speed. It's much faster my end at the moment, we can still do a lot more. I was surprised at how bad our site scored on a few speed-testing sites.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Kim Jong wants us to get nukes. He told me last night on the bender

Lacky

Champion
Reaction score
Suppose it's okay if it helps the site, but don't you earn money from the ads? :lol1:

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
A bit, not as much as many people seem to think. I was thinking of removing them for a while, it's one less upgrade feature but it should make the members/guests more happy.

Lacky

Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
A bit, not as much as many people seem to think. I was thinking of removing them for a while, it's one less upgrade feature but it should make the members/guests more happy.

I suppose, just another thing idiots can complain about though..

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
It was still relatively fast, it just was slower than I wanted it to be and was ranked poorly on speed-testing sites. Google basically had a go at me for it on my google webmaster account :(.

Lacky

Champion
Reaction score
I haven't noticed much of a difference, what was the difference on the speed test thingy Crayo.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
We were getting random spikes of 7-8 second load intervals at times. Even though you may see the site after the refresh, it doesn't necessarily mean it's fully loaded. But it was more around 2-3 seconds, but now it's like 1.2 and such. Which is great.

Lacky

Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
We were getting random spikes of 7-8 second load intervals at times. Even though you may see the site after the refresh, it doesn't necessarily mean it's fully loaded. But it was more around 2-3 seconds, but now it's like 1.2 and such. Which is great.

Just another quick question. Do you believe this will help during the forums most active times? Such as Live Raw discussion and Live PPV's?

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Tidus said:
Just another quick question. Do you believe this will help during the forums most active times? Such as Live Raw discussion and Live PPV's?

Urm I'm not sure really. I won't pretend it will make a huge notable difference but I hope it helps a bit.

Off-topic: I noticed no one got the page errors last week during the live discussion thread, that was weird.

Lacky

Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Urm I'm not sure really. I won't pretend it will make a huge notable difference but I hope it helps a bit.

Off-topic: I noticed no one got the page errors last week during the live discussion thread, that was weird.

The Raw thread bugged for me a couple of times last week, I mentioned it in the thread, but didn't PM you.