Should the Hall of Fame be a private held ceremony?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Should the HOF be private?

• Total voters

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I'm currently re-watching Jake's speech and fuck... these people are so annoying, yelling shit. Like, give some fucking respect and shut your mouth so I can listen to his story. What do you guys think? I would say WWE personals, Celebrities and both their guests only.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
This crowd was much better than previous years. But yeah, show some respect.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Of course. I don't see the need for fans at all. The chants and idiots yelling dumb shit were just annoying.

That said, it probably never will be. Money to be made selling tickets to it, so they'll continue to make it.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Im sure doing it without fans would work out and all but like DZ mentioned they make money selling tickets to it so they'll most likely keep it public.
The most open I would go personally is simply just allowing the families of the people being inducted.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I think when you buy a HOF ceremony ticket it should have a "stay silent (no random yelling or chants) during speeches or get thrown out" clause to it. Applause during the speeches is fine and the Thank You chants when an inductee first approaches the podium is fine... but yelling out random shit during the speech should result in he person being removed from the venue and losing the money spent on the ticket.. and then actually enforce it.. and it will remain silent during speeches once everyone sees a person or two removed.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
At the very least they need to make sure fans entering the arena know some decorum is to be expected. I know Punk said that chanting wasn't supposed to be allowed, but they should actually enforce that.

ninja'd by WWAE

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
This is the memo by the way.

- The Smoothie King Center, site of the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony tonight, issued the following to fans that purchased tickets for tonight:

WWE Hall Of Fame
Smoothie King Center
Saturday, April 5 at 8PM

Welcome to Wrestlemania 30 weekend and the 2014 WWE Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony!!!

Please show the proper respect to the WWE Superstars and Hall of Fame Inductees when they are on stage speaking. There will be no inappropriate behavior, cat calls or chants of any kind tolerated at all. Violation of this policy will result in immediate ejection from The Smoothie King Center without warning.

Thank you and enjoy the 2014 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony and Wrestlemania 30.

The fans are fucking idiots.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
If it means that we get the WWF/WWE Rage Party back, I'll take it.

Muur

The Artiste
Reaction score
Nah think it's something that should be celebrated with everyone.

Now if you mean they have it how it is but have no fans, then I would agree.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
It should be held as a private ceremony. Yeah, they'd lose a little money because of the number of tickets they wouldn't be selling, but for a company that makes the kind of bank that this one does, I doubt they'd even notice. It's only one night out of the entire year and it'd be worth it if it meant getting rid of all the obnoxious fans who keep repeatedly yelling shit when the inductees are trying to give their speech.