Should RAW and SD Be Reversed

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

barley96

Reaction score
I have never understood something and I want your thoughts. RAW seems like the show that is dedicated to the kids (barring HBK child abuse) and very little wrestling. SD is the show that is not fully dedicated to little kids and has awesome wrestling.

The problem I have is, is that RAW is on Mondays at 9:00 p.m. Kids are going to bed to wake up for school, unless clever enough to watch it without their parents knowing or they are not supervised at night.

SD is on at Fridays at 8:00 p.m. Not too many kids are going out at night since they are too young to drive a car or stay out all hours of the night, unless their parents are super leinient.

Mondays are recognized by wrestling fans as being a wrestling night. Fridays are nights where people go out somewhere (unless you are like me and have no social life, and yes I will most likely be here on a Friday night).

I think that RAW should be the wrestling oriented show, while SD should be the show dedicated to the little tykes.

Any thoughts?

Evil Austin

You have to also take into consideration that wrestling is viewed mainly outside of the states, which obviously outnumbers people in the states. lol, and most of the places show wrestling in the afternoon when kids come back from school (example; Australia - Raw 3.30 pm Wed, Thurs 3.30 - ECW and Friday same time Smackdown) if I am not mistaken, if they haven't changed it in the past year.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Well in uk they are both on late for kids anyway. Raw is on a 2am mon and SD at 10 fri @. But they do air again during the week. Raw is Thurs 10 and SD sun morn or afteroon i think it is. TBH to me it wouldn't have the same ring to it if Raw switched to fri's. Welcome to Friday night RAW =/sucks balls lmao. Keep it as it is IMO.

noumenon

Seeing as WWE markets themselves primarily as an "entertainment" company now a days rather than wrestling it only makes sense to have the flagship show be their entertainment geared show.
Truth is...do most WRESTLING fans watch WWE to see shit like that...no...but kids love it. And that's about 75 percent of their current and future audience. The sooner everyone accepts that the Attitude era and earlier fans have to make due with the sparatic DX reunion bones we're thrown..the better.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
That's an interesting idea, but Raw shouldn't be the wrestling based show as long as it's live. People want to be surprised, and want something to talk about, which a wrestling match will only do only if it's amazing, or crappy. with SD being taped, there really isn't that much shock value with lots of fans reading spoilers or at least expecting what's coming.

noumenon

^The majority of wrestling fans don't read spoilers..or even know Smackdown is taped for that matter.

Ballin

Reaction score
Really I don't think a 10 p.m endtime is that big of a deal and their not losing anything from this.