should Kane retire?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Beer Money Army

Kane his early career was decent, But after 2003/04 after the years have gone pasted kane wrestling has been pretty bland...

WWE Has tried to push him with these big feuds but they always in a plunder match... I.e Kane/big show B/lash 06, Umaga/kane Unforgiven/ taboo tuesday 06, Kane/booker T NWO 07, Kane/Khali wm 23, Kane/finlay s/slam 07, Kane as ECW Champion was average, but nothing too special to see.. Kane/Mysterio Matches werent even that good either....(I just hope wwe don't think of doing more Kane/Batista Matches or a Kane vs JBL... I am unsure what a Kane vs Cena could be, But then again kane cane make a plunder into it)...

even in the past kane has had some horrible matches, But i will praise his match with Shane at s.series 03, HBK unforgiven 04 (but then again HBk can make anything look good in that ring)... They weren't **** but good, there is a good reason why he only had that WWE Championship for 1 day....

so does anyone think it's time for Kane to hang up the joystrap and leave katie vick out of this wrestling drama :shifty:

Reaction score
He shouldn't retire. I think he still has a nic, long angle or 2 in him.

By the way, in your Shelton sig Carot should be spelled Karat, if im not mistaken.

Airfixx

Firstly... What's a "plunder match"?

Second... "there is a good reason why he only had that WWE Championship for 1 day...."

...Which is? You never said (Unless you mean it's because of all the "plunder matches, in which case see above.).

Besides, you do know that he only got that 1-day reign to begin with 'cos Austin bled, yeah?

I've always thought that Masked Kane (or even the fresh outta the mask 2003 heel Kane) would have been awesome as a dominant champ (and could have broken the monotony of them relying on Taker all the time.)

I thought he had decent matches with Rey recently, but on the whole he's been played-out for a long time.

S'funny, when he first got drafted to Raw this year and was getting lots of screen time, I thought they were building him to be the top heel (in Orton's absence)... Seemed to me like they did a U-Turn for some reason.

Should he retire? No... Not before he puts over some younger guys in singles matches (the likes of Morrison, MVP, Kofi, Punk and such). Should feed him to Orton too while they're at it.

Wrestling Station

^Kane recently is booked as a heel. So I guess he has to feud with faces. The only ones that are faces right now from your list are Kofi and Punk. Kofi still needs more time for to get a huge win, whilst Punk can get that win as he is a former WHC.

Kane needs to have atleast a one last huge storyline. He wasnt involved in anything big recently, and his losses to Rey every week and in Survivor Series as well just shows that the momentum for giving him a strong storyline is still too early for him.

Im guessing the WWE are saving the possiblities of his feuds and storylines till after WM, when all the current feuds are over or most of them are over to give him something to work with later.

My prediction will be that he will get involved in some sort of a big storyline after the WM.

Hometown Kid

Kane is very solid in my opinion. No way he should retire right now. He's 1 of the most gifted and talented big men in WWE imo. Heck, I would even put the title on him and let him get some credible wins over some "Main Eventers" and let some young up and coming guy (Shelton, MVP, JoMo, Swagger) take the title from him thus creating a new Main Eventer. Kane is solid in-ring and on the mic. (Although his character is quite stale. Take him out before WM for a few months, say he cured his "mental problems" or whatever and give him a good gimmick.) With the title scenario the young guy could get a cheap win over Cena, Orton, Y2J for #1 contender and have Kane put him over clean. Kane can snap again and ride off into retirement as crazed as he ever was.

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
should he retire? god no...not really a after thought on that question

although he seriously needs someone to make him look good... why not possibly have cena lose to him legitametly in a short fued and return the kane that is totally hell bent on gaining the title, raw kinda needs a top heel besides orton anyway

The Rated R CMStar

He doesn't need to retire, but his character has to get revitalized by creative.

His storyline during the summer was great, he was getting closer and closer to a big feud against CM Punk and/or Batista after him getting involved at GAB, and he still had to reveal what was in his bag.

What happened imo is that everybody was expecting a BIG payoff. We were talking about Vince Mcmahon or Paul Bearer coming back, and what we got was Kane attacking Rey Mysterio just because he wears a mask. It wasn't that bad, but compared to what we were talking about, it felt as a let down.

Then, WWE stretched the feud way too long, and it hurt Kane in the long run. The feud should have ended at No Mercy, then move Kane away from Rey. However now, Kane got beat clean 3 times to Rey Rey, and jobbing to the little man, as over as Rey can be, doesn't do well for a monster.

However, I fail to see how WWE gives main event spots to people like Vladimir Kozlov, The Great Khali, Big Daddy V (you know they tried),m but people like Umaga and Kane remain on the back burner

Whippy10154

Reaction score
IMO i dont think he should but i agree ^^^^

he does the same thing over and over... he kinda needs something... new i guess.

but all in all i dont think he should...

Wordlife

I dont think he needs to retire... I just think he needs to be involved in a good feud with someone over on Raw that'll boost ratings and maybe even give him a title shot or two... not retirement

Great One

Typically one would take time off... but as it occurs I believe Kane doesn't even want to take time off and is against the idea. Which in that case, I highly applaud his work ethic, but that would be the overall best thing for his character all around. The recent touch up helped a lot, but some days he's still horribly out of shape (especially in comparison to his debut).

Beer Money Army

However, I fail to see how WWE gives main event spots to people like Vladimir Kozlov, The Great Khali, Big Daddy V (you know they tried),m but people like Umaga and Kane remain on the back burner

Well they made him ECW #1 Main man for March-June, then they Push him to raw with a big long feud with Rey Mysterio in which the matches didn't paid off at all....(as i last re-called when he was ECW his best match probably was against CM Punk but it's not like im going speak highly about it all)...

So i don't see why you mean as Kane giving the back burner, while he get's high profile feuds(i believe umaga is underrated imo tho.)

Kane vs john Cena will be interest it may draw decent on TV, But if they think to make this a Rumble 2009 World heavyweight Champion, I doubt people would pay for it, But then again Rumble has headline some Weak world c'ship matches in wwe history... ( 91 warrior vs slaughter, 07 Lashley vs test, 06 angle vs henry, 04 holly vs lesnar, 03 hhh vs steiner).. So Kane vs Cena could be a future RR2009 Main event...

althought I think Kane is a big draw when he is tagging with Taker.. But i serious doubt Kane would be a huge loss to WWE, because even if he quit to go to TNA.. WWE has all rights to Kane name..

he's only 41 But Taker is older than him and can wrestle some much smoother....

Majin

Reaction score
would be a good idea,he doesn`t do much,his fueds are pretty bad too,havent been all that great anyway

Airfixx

^Kane recently is booked as a heel. So I guess he has to feud with faces. The only ones that are faces right now from your list are Kofi and Punk.

I understand that... Just using those guys names to illustrate the 'level' of the roster I'm talking about.

chessarmy

No. He has a couple more years left in him, plus I'm loving his heel run right now.

C4

Kane has one last huge storyline/feud in store for him, probably something to do with his old mask, Paul Bearer and The Undertaker... it would be so fantastic if we see something like that on WWE Television. He is a talented wrestler but he never gets enough screen time which is one reason why people don't like him, however retirement is too early at this stage for Kane.