Should I try to Sue?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kassidy

Reaction score
Ok so a little over a year ago I work at a Regal Entertainment Group: Movie theater and while working there the main GM was a guy named Bo. I got along with Bo and almost everyone else but one Manager for to me apparently no reason hated me, he tried to make my life working there hell and would give me the worse possible hours and the smallest amount of them, like only 2 shift a week working 5pm to 3am. I would usually talk to Bo and since he can over ride anything Barry could do he would usually shift things around and give me more hours. 6 Months in Bo is transfered leaving Barry in harge till they find a new GM so 3 months later tired of only getting 2 shifts a week and a 100 paycheck every 2 weeks I go on school leave and start College. I filled out the paper work and leave on school leave when me classes began on Jan 12 09, I then got a W-2 saying I made 700 dollars and worked at Regal till March.......

So I contact Regal get access to their payroll system and apparently Barry put me down as working through the rest of Jan, Feb, and 2 weeks into March but yea I wasn't working or receiving money. So do I sue barry and Regal and for how much?

Mind you the crimes here are about 3 different types of fraud and a theft. Also Regal had 2 complaints from me and Barry had 4 other complaints on him from other employees and customers why they didn't look into him sooner is beyond me.

This Guy

should you sue? thats up to you. Can you sue? depends on two things, 1) can you prove you were screwed and 2) do you have a lawyer who thinks you have a case? finally how much? Well if you went on Judge Judy you'd only be able to get what your actually out money wise. Otherwise thats more for your lawyer to decide.

Kassidy

Reaction score
My gf has schedules that employees get and my name is on the list with no hours for the months that on the payroll i was getting paid (100 - 300 checks) for and my last pay stub I have and got money for was in January. Also other workers knew I was not working while I was in school and I can get paper work from school stating when I began school. Proving I was screwed is no problem. I have not contacted a lawyer so that will be my next step.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Fuck the Regal Cinema's. Some tool that worked there tried telling me he gave me and my gf our tickets when he didn't and I wasn't paying for another. Either I was getting my money back the ticket. And they called the cops cause I was causing a scene. They could have just looked at the fucking video tape and saw that he didn't give them to us. I haven't been back since.