Should Daniel Bryan return to ROH?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
ROH COO Jeff Koff said he would welcome Bryan back with open arms once Bryan's WWE contract expires next year. Bryan has made it no secret that he wants to return to the ring.

ROH Says They Would Welcome Back Daniel Bryan - SEScoops

Is it in Daniel's best interests to return to Ring of Honor or should he re-sign with the WWE once his contract expires?

Brother Loathe

Ah Loathe Yewwwwww
Reaction score
I think ROH is a bit dead for a name like Bryan in the industry, I think somewhere like NJPW or AAA would fit him better.

Reactions: Geese

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
He should get his body checked out first, and then see if WWE will let him back in the ring with the new check done. If not, and he's desperate to be in the ring then NJPW would be my pick. ROH is great but I think he's kinda 'past' that stage in his career.

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
He should get his body checked out first, and then see if WWE will let him back in the ring with the new check done. If not, and he's desperate to be in the ring then NJPW would be my pick. ROH is great but I think he's kinda 'past' that stage in his career.
He doesn't need WWE; WWE needs him. If he goes elsewhere, he will be wrestling a slightly more intense style, but at the same time, he will be working a presumably much lighter schedule, which I think would be best for him in the long run. Plus, I think we all know that he's got some incredible 5star dream matches with the indie and international talent that have shown up in the time since he's been imprisoned in the WWE. Should he go to ROH? Probably not, because at this point they're almost as bad as WWE. Would like to see him do a brief stint in NJPW, then an all around tour of the indies for a while, then finally settle down in Impact. Highly doubt the dude needs the money, so it'd be great to see him put on the classics he's capable of with some of the best current global talent, then go to Impact and not only help bring fans back to that company, but also get to work that lighter schedule I mentioned while at the same time being used properly.

Reactions: Geese

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
He doesn't need WWE; WWE needs him. If he goes elsewhere, he will be wrestling a slightly more intense style, but at the same time, he will be working a presumably much lighter schedule, which I think would be best for him in the long run. Plus, I think we all know that he's got some incredible 5star dream matches with the indie and international talent that have shown up in the time since he's been imprisoned in the WWE. Should he go to ROH? Probably not, because at this point they're almost as bad as WWE. Would like to see him do a brief stint in NJPW, then an all around tour of the indies for a while, then finally settle down in Impact. Highly doubt the dude needs the money, so it'd be great to see him put on the classics he's capable of with some of the best current global talent, then go to Impact and not only help bring fans back to that company, but also get to work that lighter schedule I mentioned while at the same time being used properly.

Don't think he needs WWE or vice versa tbh. But there is a reason top talent dream of being in WWE as opposed to other companies. If WWE let's Bryan wrestle I don't see him leaving for any other company.

I don't like WWE or how they handle talent, don't get me wrong and I'd love to see him in Japan and impact but just don't see why he would make that move IF WWE let's him wrestle.

The lighter schedule is fair tho.

Jeffry Mason

Reaction score
Don't think he needs WWE or vice versa tbh. But there is a reason top talent dream of being in WWE as opposed to other companies. If WWE let's Bryan wrestle I don't see him leaving for any other company.

I don't like WWE or how they handle talent, don't get me wrong and I'd love to see him in Japan and impact but just don't see why he would make that move IF WWE let's him wrestle.

The lighter schedule is fair tho.
Like I said, lighter schedule, different style, getting a chance to work with the new breed of indie and international stars, and not having to deal with the WWE. Let's not forget that he may have been back in the ring already if it wasn't for WWE, and the way them and their doctors more or less lied to him and forced him into an early retirement was fucked up. And I don't think he's the type of guy to go away bitching and moaning like a certain other former ROH Champion.

There is a reason they dream of being in the WWE, sure. Most of that involves the money and being on Wrestlemania, which Bryan has already done. Look at it this way: lets say you meet the absolute girl of your dreams, for example. Then, she turns out to be an abusive and unfaithful bitch a few years into the relationship. Are you gonna stay with her just because you spent all that time dreaming about her? Or are you gonna get the hell out of there and try to find another girl who's actually gonna treat you right so you can be happy?

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Like I said, lighter schedule, different style, getting a chance to work with the new breed of indie and international stars, and not having to deal with the WWE. Let's not forget that he may have been back in the ring already if it wasn't for WWE, and the way them and their doctors more or less lied to him and forced him into an early retirement was fucked up. And I don't think he's the type of guy to go away bitching and moaning like a certain other former ROH Champion.

There is a reason they dream of being in the WWE, sure. Most of that involves the money and being on Wrestlemania, which Bryan has already done. Look at it this way: lets say you meet the absolute girl of your dreams, for example. Then, she turns out to be an abusive and unfaithful bitch a few years into the relationship. Are you gonna stay with her just because you spent all that time dreaming about her? Or are you gonna get the hell out of there and try to find another girl who's actually gonna treat you right so you can be happy?

That's a fair enough perspective to have but your bitchy dream girl isn't paying you a buttload more than the alternatives tho :p And IF they let him wrestle, would he still want to go out in the indies? Risk the security of the Paycheck + Merch sales (which alone would be double of what he could make outside I'm guessing).

All that hangs on them letting him wrestle, and I (probably misplaced optimism here) don't think WWE would misuse Bryan just because the amount of dough he could bring in with another 'amazing once in a lifetime' run to the top like he did with WM30.

Jeffry Mason

Reaction score
That's a fair enough perspective to have but your bitchy dream girl isn't paying you a buttload more than the alternatives tho :emoji_stuck_out_tongue: And IF they let him wrestle, would he still want to go out in the indies? Risk the security of the Paycheck + Merch sales (which alone would be double of what he could make outside I'm guessing).

All that hangs on them letting him wrestle, and I (probably misplaced optimism here) don't think WWE would misuse Bryan just because the amount of dough he could bring in with another 'amazing once in a lifetime' run to the top like he did with WM30.
Bryan's a pretty simple and humble dude, so I'm sure he's got plenty of money saved up. In addition to that, take a guy like Cody Rhodes, who was never more than a midcarder in WWE, and look at how well he's doing. Money isn't everything, man, especially when you have a ton of it saved up. Don't forget Bryan has also been making money off the TV show he's apart of, in addition to his regular WWE pay.

WWE has been already misusing him before he's even come back lol. The fact that they basically seemingly misinformed him of his medical condition and options is one way. If WWE was so intent on using Bryan to make a bunch of money, why wouldn't they take the side of literally every other doctor he saw who said he'd be fine to wrestle again eventually? Instead they forced him to retire from the WWE ring and used him in the authority role to stop the fans from whining like they did with Punk, and more importantly, keep him from going elsewhere and actually getting to wrestle.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Bryan's a pretty simple and humble dude, so I'm sure he's got plenty of money saved up. In addition to that, take a guy like Cody Rhodes, who was never more than a midcarder in WWE, and look at how well he's doing. Money isn't everything, man, especially when you have a ton of it saved up. Don't forget Bryan has also been making money off the TV show he's apart of, in addition to his regular WWE pay.

WWE has been already misusing him before he's even come back lol. The fact that they basically seemingly misinformed him of his medical condition and options is one way. If WWE was so intent on using Bryan to make a bunch of money, why wouldn't they take the side of literally every other doctor he saw who said he'd be fine to wrestle again eventually? Instead they forced him to retire from the WWE ring and used him in the authority role to stop the fans from whining like they did with Punk, and more importantly, keep him from going elsewhere and actually getting to wrestle.

I don't doubt it but i'm just thinking that if Bryan can stay in WWE AND Wrestle. He will stay. Only time will tell surely. While I agree money isn't everything, I'm sure Bryan would still want to ME one more WM and make bank while doing it.

That and the thought of putting on classics with all the new guys there that he (while facing off in previous indies) haven't had a chance to steal the show with in massive arenas.

I remember him talking about how he had envisioned an entire style of wrestling just in case he was going up against Brock for the title. Albeit it was one of those total shows (don't remember which one) but it seemed like he was hyped at just the thought of wrestling Brock.

The way I see it, whether Bryan leaves or not is gonna be completely up to WWE in the way they talk to him after contract. I just think if they wanted it bad enough, they could easily convince him to stay.

Again I have no idea how he is in reality other than the snippets i've seen here and there to know for sure.

Asuka Lock

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
suicide
Favorite Wrestler
johnmorrison
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Maybe he could join a certain club...

Reaction score
Why wouldn't ROH want the American Dragon back?

I still think he should go back!

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio