Shogun on Rampage: We Will Not Retire Until We Fight Again

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Both fighters come from losses, and the bout is likely to happen in the middle of the year, and Shogun likes the idea. “The fight against Rampage will happen eventually. It’s inevitable and UFC knows it. He won’t retire before fighting me and neither am I (laughs)â€, affirmed Shogun on an exclusive interview to TATAME, on which he also commented on coming back to the trainings and his recent partnership with a merchandizing company and more.

You closed a deal with a merchandizing company after rupturing with Eduardo Alonso. How are things going?

I’ve closed a deal with Seven Entretenimento and it’s more comfortable having a whole company taking care of business for me. I wanna keep my sponsors rewarded because they invest a lot in me. That’s what I need and I believe a lot in my work.

Can you tell the difference already?

Yes. Actually, everybody who calms me for an interview talks to them first and they know my schedule. Before I had to do many things and they got messy. Now I let them handle it. Everything involving fights is up to my manager and everything about the press is handled by this company, and my trainings are held by Dida.

Who is your new manager?

Actually I rather not comment because I want UFC to know him first and then I’ll release it to the press.

And about the trainings, is Dida still shooting for TUF?

He’ll be back on the 15th. Meanwhile I’m just training at the gym and the trainings are good. Soon I shall meet my opponent and we’ll work on it for my next bout.

How is it working with Dida again, since he was the one who helped you to get to that title?

Dida is very good. We started working together when we were little. Dida is a trustworthy guy both as an athlete and as a coach, mainly. I guess that’s the most important thing.

Have you started training already?

For now I’m just maintaining until they match me up.

What’s next? They’ve talked about Phil Davis and Rampage Jackson…

I guess it could be one of these guys. I don’t discard Ryan Bader nor Rampage, Dan Henderson, Rich Franklin… I guess there are many guys I could fight. Actually, soon I’ll know more about it and I’ll keep you posted. I’m sure I’ll train focused on my opponent and he’s going to be a hard one.

Rampage was defeated last Saturday (25th) at UFC Japan. Did you want to fight there?

absolutely. It was in Japan where I appeared to the world. I missed it there. I like the Japanese people, I really like Japan.So, talking about the old days…. Would you like to rematch Rampage?

Absolutely. The fight against Rampage will happen eventually. It’s inevitable and UFC knows it. He won’t retire before fighting me and neither am I (laughs).

Were you surprised by his performance against Ryan Bader?

It’s hard to tell because we don’t know what happens to each and every fighter. I don’t know if he got injured, if he was not feeling ok… It’s hard to know, but Rampage is very professional and deserves to be respected.

Do you want to fight on the next edition of UFC in Brazil, in June?

Of course I want to fight at UFC Sao Paulo.

I'm sure everyone is looking to take on Rampage after his last performance.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Would be a nice win for Shogun if they fight again. I expect him to face some tougher competition in his next fight, Davis or Bader would be good options.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I think it would be good... cause in Pride... Shogun whooped up on Rampage so the rematch should happen soon. At least before one of them does retire just to have it one more time. But Shogun seems to have a whole lot of fight left so he could have that rematch and then move up to some stiffer competition and work his way back up to a possible title shot.

Ben

Reaction score
All that's left for Rampage is big money fights, he's just not going to be chasing the title again. Would like to see Shogun and him fight again though, think it would at least be a exciting fight that goes the distance.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Doesn't make sense to me, Shogun is about 5 levels above Rampage at this point.

It might draw in Japan, but even then Lil Nog would probs make more sense.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Its more a revenge fight for Rampage really. Shogun doesn't really need it other than to see how far the two have gotten since Pride. But its more for Rampage. Shogun obviously doesn't need it.