Shock G dead at 57

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

210423091445-01-shock-g-humpty-hump-file-2011-restricted-exlarge-169.jpg

Rapper Shock G, also known as Humpty Hump of the hip-hop group Digital Underground, has died at age 57. When not using his stage name, he was known as Gregory Edward Jacobs.

His Digital Underground groupmate Chopmaster J. posted the news Thursday night to Instagram: "34 years ago almost to the day we had a wild idea we can be a hip hop band and take on the world through it all the dream became a reality and the reality became a nightmare for some. And now he's awaken from the fame long live shock G Aka Humpty Hump and Rest In Peace my Brotha Greg Jacobs!!!"

The Hillsborough Medical Examiner, located in Tampa, FL., told CNN Friday that Jacobs' body was in their care and that he had died Thursday.
The Hillsborough Sheriff's Office would not comment on the surrounding events or location of Jacobs' passing and said they are investigating whether there was foul play.
Fellow artists took to social media to express their shock and sadness over the news.
Rapper Ice Cube wrote, "RIP Shock-G/Humpty Hump. I remember when NWA's road manager Atron said he had a group called Digital Underground. He played DOWHATCHALIKE video & I went crazy. I had to sample DU on JACKIN FOR BEATS and WHO'S THE MACK. And nobody had a better stage show. A true Bay Area original."

Digital Underground had a string of hits in the early 1990s, including "The Humpty Dance" and "Doowutchyalike."
Leslie Jones wrote: "Damn another gone!! 57 is not old damnit!! We was just dancing to his song!! RIP SHOCK G!!"

The group also introduced the world to rapper Tupac Shakur, letting him rap on "Same Song."

Somewhere in Heaven Shock G and Tupac are making some banging Music together. :proud

• Sad
Reactions: Doom and Jimmy King

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
I was listening to the song Humpty Hump yesterday on Pandora at work. I didn't know he died on the same day. Awesome song by a legendary singer for Digital Underground.

RIP :(

• Sad
Reactions: Apoho Creed

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
He kept funk alive in the 90s, introduced the world to 2Pac and produced his first album.

The Sex Packets album is a masterpiece.

RIP :pour

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler