Shelton vs R-Truth Is Going Nowhere

• Thread starter THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

This feud is being hyped (yay for a midcard title actually being made to look like it means something by being involved in a feud), but the problem is that I'm finding the hype pretty shitty. We get the same thing every week basically. Killings annoys Benjamin. Is this all we have? Killings annoying Benjamin? Boring.

What else can these two do to hype their feud?

Moonlight Drive

Gotta agree with you, this feud has been a major flop. How to fix it?

PROMOS! For fucks sake, I don't ever think I've seen a feud go this long without a real promo, I can only think of one in the whole feud, and that was where Shelton said two lines, Truth interupted said 'Wassup' and they left.

Hopefully this picks up at Cyber Sunday. I stress the world hopefully, as I don't have much confidence in this feud to deliver something good.

The two won't even be facing at Cyber Sunday. It's a free match on before the PPV, that'll stream live on wwe.com. So the US Title is getting pushed out for a dress up contest between the divas, and Santino's comedy.

Hometown Kid

Yeah this feud is pretty shitty like most Shelton feuds...because they never fucking let Shelton get a clean win! Also Killings has talked more to "Kung Fu" than Shelton in his parts...=/

@James: We can't miss Santino for guys who can actually wrestle! :smh It would be kinda cool if the ppv started in the middle of Shelton v. MVP or Killings and J.R. cuts in and says we joined in the middle of a wrestling classic to start the show.

Yeah this feud is pretty shitty like most Shelton feuds...because they never fucking let Shelton get a clean win! Also Killings has talked more to "Kung Fu" than Shelton in his parts...=/

@James: We can't miss Santino for guys who can actually wrestle! :smh It would be kinda cool if the ppv started in the middle of Shelton v. MVP or Killings and J.R. cuts in and says we joined in the middle of a wrestling classic to start the show.

Shelton looking shocked every time Killinhs comes out is also shitting me. Shelton has had nothing to work with this feud. It's just been Killings pwning him. And in no original ways. Just the same thing over and over again.

seX-Power

Kinda sad imo. Shelton can cut an alright promo if he puts his mind to hit, but they just bury him every week to the point that I will be uber pissed if he retains [if he faces truth] at Cyber Sunday. LOL at the pre show match thing by the way, but good to see it there at all i guess.

Nancy Di Loreto

Reaction score
It is going somewhere actually. To the doghouse.

But seriously, they are doing something with this. They just need to have this on every fucking week. Not like the Bam-Chavo feud :shifty:

Airfixx

^^^It HAS been on every week (well maybe not last week's SD - I Dunno; I missed it.).

I think what's killed this is all the non-title matches between the two on SD... We've seen all we're gonna see already (save for a possible title change).

To be honest, aside from a few fancy corkscrew moves Truth hasn't really shown me anything yet, so I'm not into the idea of him winning the belt. Has the guy REALLY got the kind of charisma we're meant to believe he has?

Some half-assed rap and a big smile is all I see so far.

CenaMark54

The two won't even be facing at Cyber Sunday. It's a free match on before the PPV, that'll stream live on wwe.com. So the US Title is getting pushed out for a dress up contest between the divas, and Santino's comedy.

I won't disagree with the dress up contest.

But Santino deserves to be on the PPV, especially ahead of Shelton and Truth. Shelton is not nearly as over as Santino and Truth's act will soon become stale.

I think what they are doing with the IC title is great. It hasn't been pushed like this since Orton had the belt. Someone actually wants to be the greatest IC champ ever. Santino doesn't leave the belt backstage like Jericho and Hardy did at times. Mayb this year, it will even be defended at Mania, although that might be doubtful.

I won't disagree with the dress up contest.

But Santino deserves to be on the PPV, especially ahead of Shelton and Truth. Shelton is not nearly as over as Santino and Truth's act will soon become stale.

I think what they are doing with the IC title is great. It hasn't been pushed like this since Orton had the belt. Someone actually wants to be the greatest IC champ ever. Santino doesn't leave the belt backstage like Jericho and Hardy did at times. Mayb this year, it will even be defended at Mania, although that might be doubtful.

Santino is a joke, and a joke doesn't belong on a PPV ahead of a serious feud.

And I disagree that this is the best IC Title reign since Orton's. I seem to recall Shelton's being good, with a lot of defences, against people who had chances, not some jobber like Deuce.

Reaction score
It has been rather flat, though I think that BOTH Shelton and Ron could get a big push if Shelton was to do some kind of ruthless attack Ron. Imagine Ron is doing a backstage interview and out of no where comes Shelton with a vicious attack from behind, but Shelton doesn't stop there. He beats Ron as he drags him through the arena. Shelton mocks him by saying things like "You worthless thug!" as R-Truth fights back, to no avail. Shelton punishes him gruesomely as he kicks open a door and the two men walk out onto a roof top about a story up. Shelton holds up Ron's bloodied body and contemplates a moment before tossing Ron off the top of the building into a dumpster below.

Something like this would make this feud and the US title relevant again, if not for a little while. I think Shelton could pull off the maniac heel, alla Orton, but more atheletic. What do ya think? Just an idea.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Hmmm I'M in between i really don't know what to think about these 2 TBH. Ive never likes Shelton he bores the arse off me, But saying that he has improves in recent weeks. And as for R Truth i liked him then didn't then did and now i'm not too sure. I don't see this whole rap entrance and the Wassup lasting too long with out getting stale. And TBH apart from one or two fast spinning moves he ain't all that in the ring. I was expecting more from him. So basically they both are kinda on the same page for me. And if we do see a championship match between the 2, It wont be nothing we haven't seen before.

Hometown Kid

Fuck R-truth. I am voting for MVP.
Quoted for emphasis.
Santino is a joke, and a joke doesn't belong on a PPV ahead of a serious feud.

And I disagree that this is the best IC Title reign since Orton's. I seem to recall Shelton's being good, with a lot of defences, against people who had chances, not some jobber like Deuce.

Repped for emphasis.

Santino is such a comedy act and exactly what is wrong with wrestling today. But it's everyone that said he was so great and funny...(and certain alt accounts. >_>) that created this...

Creative: Well people laugh at his 8 year old jokes, he's over lets put a belt on him and job out or not even show the likes of Noble and Paul London! :nonono:

@Magnus: That would be too over the top but it would definitely build interest in the feud...>_>

Reaction score
Over top eh? So Vince being hit by his set in front of a live TV audience was child's play? This is what is wrong with WWE right now, its weak. The sad thing is, you are right about it being too over the top, because right now, it is.