Sheamus' Brogue Kick was banned?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

mohammad2011

Jobber
Reaction score
Hi. Can anyone know the reason how Sheamus' signature move Brogue Kick was banned on SmackDown?

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Kayfabe reasons: There is an on-going law case (by David Otunga) about the move, and Booker was handed evidence against the brogue kick being allowed so it's temporarily banned whilst he looks through the evidence and the law case is over.

Real life reasons: It's to help the storyline progress by giving Alberto Del Rio an "advantage", but it's been booked horribly as they've already given Sheamus a replacement super move.

Reactions: Snowman1

ryderfan716

Jobber
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Yea its just bull shit because their are plenty of other signature moves that could do just as much damage, etc. Then again its professional wrestling so im sure theres a right and wrong way to do it.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Someone has to say it. Better kicks and moves have been banned before, guy. Orton lost his awesome move to the banning for real, and Sheamus will get his back, unfortunately.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Kayfabe reasons: There is an on-going law case (by David Otunga) about the move, and Booker was handed evidence against the brogue kick being allowed so it's temporarily banned whilst he looks through the evidence and the law case is over.

Real life reasons: It's to help the storyline progress by giving Alberto Del Rio an "advantage", but it's been booked horribly as they've already given Sheamus a replacement super move.

+1 for every time you mention how Blue this booking is.

Also, is it a good idea? With the way the public are reacting to head/neck injuries nowadays (why the Punt was banned), wouldn't a storyline like this paint Sheamus out to be a bad guy if he's running around breaking people's necks and heads? (Chances are, all the heels are overreacting and this is all just a way to get heat on Otunga for being an ambulance-chasing jackass, but still)

Hope Sheamus gets some serious reprecussions for how many times he's attacked the defending lawyer too. What a 'tard.

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
they shouldnt of banned it

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
mlackin12 said:
they shouldnt of banned it

They should have banned it but not given him a new super finisher right after

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
:haha: IT's the Bicycle kick anyway. It was an alright finisher, but whatever. What Crayo said was true, it was banned for being a dangerous move and stuff like that. But it was booked shitlike since they turned around and gave him another finisher anyway, so it's a useless rule.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
It doesn't cause any excessive harm at all, they're just having the heels overreact and Otunga being that annoying lawyer, I'm sure.