Shawn Spears on The Sessions w/Renee Pacquette

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
3147f210-7002-4600-987c-17afdbf3d8a7.jpg

Shawn Spears says he still has a few things left in wrestling he'd like to accomplish, including winning a championship for a major company.

The 41-year-old was a guest on an episode of The Sessions with Renee Paquette released on Thursday. During the discussion, Paquette asked Spears what keeps him motivated and what is his "love story" with wrestling.

"The reality is it's been a love/hate relationship," Spears said. "It has been up and down. It has been a lot of down. There have been times where I've hated this industry and the reason being is its entertainment and without pulling the curtain back too much, there are just things you're not in control of. So, it can have a tendency to make you feel like you are not good enough despite how hard you're working, despite how much time or effort you are giving to the industry, and despite what the audience may be doing. It may just not be your number and this business doesn't owe anybody anything. It moves on with or without us."

Spears and Cassie Lee (FKA Peyton Royce) are expecting their first child in January.

"What keeps me motivated and what keeps me going is knowing that my legacy, the legacy I leave behind, will have nothing to do with pro-wrestling, in my opinion. No one is going to probably remember me in great detail after I'm gone, but my son will. My son will know what I've done, my future children will know what I've done, my family knows what I've done. My nieces and nephews will know what I've done and if that is enough to guide them down a path, a good path that can be beneficial to their life and the lives they create with someone going forward, I've done my job on this Earth."

Spears also mentioned that he feels his time left in wrestling is limited.

"I am winding down, I don't have a lot of time left. That's probably the main reason I put pressure on myself now," Spears continued.

Paquette asked him if he doesn't have a long time left contractually or physically.

"Both," he responded. "Bodywise I'm in really good shape. I'm in great shape, the best shape of my life. I mean in the sense where I've never been at the main event, top of the card schedule."

"I never had to do the champion's schedule so my body after almost 21 years is in really good condition based on what I have done but there's very few things that I would like to do left in wrestling. I'm pushing to try and check off a few of those boxes before my time is done. It's been difficult and it's been a challenge but not more challenging than anything else I've been through in 20-plus years."

Spears continued to say that winning a championship is something left he would like to accomplish. He mentioned being inspired by a photo of Brodie Lee holding the TNT title with both of his sons.

"My goal is to be decorated, is to win a championship in a major company, AEW or elsewhere. That is my goal, just so I can have that time and that prize to show my son in the future."

He continued to say WWE's Intercontinental Championship is a belt he would like to win.

"Being completely honest, I have always seen myself as an Intercontinental Champion," Spears said.

"I grew up on the Mr. Perfects, and the Rick Rudes, and the Ultimate Warrior, and then as I got into wrestling, it was always seen as the workhorse championship. So, I had always seen myself in that zone. So, in a perfect world, it would be the Intercontinental Championship."

• Love
Reactions: Daddy Dom

Daddy Dom

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler