Shawn Michaels = the best EVER, period.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

I don't want to hear any crying from the Flair marks, or the Bret Hart marks, the bottom line is this, when HBK decides to call it a career, he will go down as the single greatest wrestler in the history of this business. Shawn Michaels is the Michael Jordan of wrestling, there is absolutely no doubt about it.

When he went down with a broken back, he was still one of the best, but probably not THE best because his career was cut short due to the injury. However, ever since his comeback 7 years ago, he has cemented his legacy and will now go down as the best ever. Classic match after classic match with Triple H, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Chris Benoit, Kurt Angle, Undertaker, Chris Jericho, John Cena, and many more, those can't be ignored. Shawn Michaels can sell better than anyone, I hated the stupid angle they did with JBL "buying" HBK, but if there was anyone on this planet that could make you BELIEVE that it actually happened, it has to be Michaels. The man was supposed to come back one time only and give us one more classic match, but he felt good and stayed for 7 more years where he bled for us, he put his body on the line every night, and he helped to create future stars. Once you combine that with his career before the back injury, I don't care what you say about Flair, Hogan, or Bret Hart, when it comes down to it, the single greatest wrestler to ever lace up a pair of boots...

The Heart Break Kid, The Showstoppa, The Icon, The Main Event, Mr. Wrestlemania himself...

Shawn Michaels.

kingovkings

Reaction score
YUP YUP i agree with that totally I cant really add anything else you said it all ;)

Reaction score
HBK over every wrestler to date including Flair, Hart and Undertaker. Best of it is that he has years to go if he takes time off after Wrestlemania, then he could go into his 60's and get in evert hall of fame known to wrestling.

Klide

Yea gots to agree with u cause ive been watching wrestling since the 90s and ur pretty much correct. iv never really watch dinosaur matches though lol

The Rated R CMStar

I don't think there is really any argument that could be made. I mean, he is indeed the greatest in ring performer of all time, his charisma has practically no match and can do whatever he wants with the mic, and even though some people claim he failed in the mission Hulk Hogan and Stone Cold triumphed that is succesfully carrying the WWE on their back (which I partially disagree), I think having become the focal selling point of Wrestlemania since 2005 redeemed him.

seX-Power

I agree, but that could change if he wrestles into his 60s and ruins his career.

chessarmy

^ He won't, its been noted that HBK doesn't want to do this much longer, and this upcoming Wrestlemania could very well be his last

xtremebadass

HBK is the greatest professional wrestler of all time. He never misses a step whenever he is in or out of the ring. He gives it his all each and everytime. He makes everyone look bad either wrestling or on the mic. He has racked up so many classic matches more than anyone else in the business. He was the posterboy in the 90's and still kept his momentum going into the 2000's. I think his career in the 2000's is almost outshining his performances in the 90's, but that's just me. He has had too many memorable moments.

Reaction score
I know the man is the greatest North American performer ever, that's no doubt. But what does this topic entail? Is he the best that whomever posts has seen? Because if so, where do Kobashi and Misawa go in this discussion. As I am one of the biggest HBK marks, I don't know if Shawn has had more better matches than Misawa, maybe Kobashi but Misawa is proabaly the best pure wrestler I've ever seen. I dunno. Thoughts?

Evil Austin

Misiwa thing is a tough call, I would have to just say he was the best wrestler to never get into the main stream.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Misawa was a stiff mother fucker, and back in the early to mid 90's he was an absolute beast. But unfortunately he fell victim to the unfortunate "wrestle till you die, literally" demographic. I'd say even after the year 2000 his performances started to tank and has even been known in the industry to have quite a few championship stinkers with people whom he shouldn't have. In my mind that tarnished his legacy, and of course beyond being a tough as nails Puro fighter, he's hardly the best.

CenaMark54

Shawn Michaels is the Michael Jordan of wrestling, there is absolutely no doubt about it.

That would be Hulk Hogan. He is known all over the world as the greatest wrestler ever. Michaels isn't even known all over the US as a wrestler.

Babe Ruth, Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzky, Tom Brady, and Hulk Hogan. Those are real icons who transcend their respective sports. HBK does not.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
HBK is probably top 3, and I'd call him the best, no problem. Honestly, he could've been as popular as Flair, Hogan, Austin, the Rock, even HHH. But the problems he faced were pretty big, and it's unreal to see him as good as he was in the 90's. But what I like about him is that he hasn't won a major title recently, he knows when to take a step back, unlike some other guys.

Misawa isn't near the greatest wrestler ever. He was a legend, but in Japan, where wrestling is a SPORT. I think people are throwing him in the discussion because of his death.

the dark knight

That would be Hulk Hogan. He is known all over the world as the greatest wrestler ever. Michaels isn't even known all over the US as a wrestler.

Babe Ruth, Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzky, Tom Brady, and Hulk Hogan. Those are real icons who transcend their respective sports. HBK does not.
how does that change how much he entertains you personally though?