Shawn Michaels NXT Heatwave media call notes

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Shawn Michaels spoke to the media for an hour on Wednesday to help promote Sunday’s WWE NXT Heatwave, answering questions about recent crossover events, the rise of Ja’Von Evans, the departures of Drew Gulak & Gable Steveson, and more.

Asked if there will be a TNA presence on Sunday given that they are heading to Toronto, Michaels couldn’t give any specifics but did talk about the interactions they have had with the likes of TNA, Bloodsport and NOAH. He later said he hopes some of these arrangements lead to more opportunities for their young talents to work elsewhere given the lack of more house shows and such.

When asked about Drew Gulak and Gable Steveson no longer being with WWE, Michaels said from his understanding, Gulak’s contract was up and there was no plan for him to go to the main roster. He put over Steveson’s athleticism as he is someone who lands on his feet no matter what. They say they use people to best of their ability but if it’s determined there is no real future on the main roster with a few years of them being around, it’s his understanding that management chooses to move on.

He doesn’t feel like it’s realistic for NXT to go out on the road every week for TV and wasn’t sure if that would be the case for The CW premiere show.

Michaels loves the attitude of Evans and said he is living his best life in NXT and doesn’t have the immediate desire to go to the main roster. He put over his future as unbelievable and has to remind him and others that there’s a lot more to learn, even at the “ripe old age of 23 or 24.”

He also sees Lola Vice as someone who could be a main roster star. He also clarified that means a lot more than just getting there, but that they want to prepare them to be people who can draw crowds and earn money.

For more on Michaels’ thoughts on getting to the main roster, dealing with the mentality of losing a spot and where they may have erred in the Brooks Jensen storyline, click below to listen.

Click here to listen (free)

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'm listening now and lmao he was asked about Ethan Page and Shawn Spears directly and says he won't hold anything against them for being Canadian he promises and jokes about being nervous that Heatwave is there :lol

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
The choosing to move people on after a few years if they see no future on the main roster is quite interesting to me because I feel like there's a couple of examples of people who are routinely featured who could figure into that. Chase U would be one because that gimmick aint working on the main roster so if you broke it down then you could easily see Andre, Duke & Ridge being given the boot. Even some like Wendy I can see being in the last chance saloon because I don't see this gimmick going to the main roster either.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
If it's gimmick related why you don't think people will make it on the roster then that's 100% NXT booking fault then tho. But honestly that's the part I'm reading the least into bc he just repeated that nonsense HHH did about it just being a contract expiring and nothing to do with Ronda. And the other example being Gable, he just didn't have it. Wasn't a gimmick in the world that could have helped

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Yeah I get it, it's the balance between needing stuff for the here and now but also translating to the main roster.