Shane/Steph

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

What happened here? The feud really seems to be put on old lately. I know it was never a full blown feud, but the last few weeks the "sibling rialry" has really gone nowhere, and not been a focus point at all.
Do you think wwe has changed their plans on this?
Do you hope they pick the storyline back up again?

I really hope they pick it back up, but I think it could use a few more elements to it. Other than the just constant bickering and stuff, things like an attack, or a sabotage/scam could really help get people more interested, and maybe even pushing someone with it, like a Mr.Kennedy (who is injured) could do something in the feud, such as be the protege of one of them.

Anyways, that's just me rambling... Back to you guys... Whats your thoughts on how this storyline has tapered off as of late, and how would you get it going again?

Reaction score
Seeing as how they both took part in the raping of the greatest potential storyline arc ever (The Invasion storyline that SHOULD have been), I'm personally glad they're not wasting our tv time with their backstage segments.

The Rated R CMStar

They didn't write the angle, so that made no sense. By that notion, none of the wrestlers should be on TV, as they were also part of the angle.

I think they left it to pick it up down the road. Again, we left our self get to carried with something we assumed was ment to happen and maybe wasn't even supposed to (see HBK vs The Undertaker).

Shane said in their promo: I'll watch you run Raw down to the ground", and from there practicaly everyone assumed a lot of things, like Shane going to SD and starting a brand war, or Shane staying in backstage skits making Steph's life impossible, hell, some even give as a lock that Vince would return as a result of this rivalry.

As far as I am concerned, yes, this might evolve into a feud going into Mania, but if doesn't, it isn't as if WWE let a feud die, as truly there wasn't any feud, but just the brothers on one show fighting on who was on control and Steph putting herself on top and throwing Shane out.

It could stay like that and it would be alright

Spity94

Reaction score
Even if this wasn't a fued or storyline. It would still be better if they had really just done more with it than just having them bicker at each other.

I hope they do pick it back up, I thought this could be like Team WWF vs The Alliance aswell. Steph getting together a group of people and Shane getting together a group of people and the winner would get control of RAW, or maybe even having the brands collide by having Shane go to Smackdown!. There are so many ways this situatuon could go it would just be stupid if nothing happend with it.

Reaction score
They didn't write the angle, so that made no sense. By that notion, none of the wrestlers should be on TV, as they were also part of the angle.

Who's name signs the checks? The McMahon Family

Who has clout and infleunce in terms of creative and writing? The McMahon Family.

Who really jacked up the Invasion storyline? The McMahon Family.

Why? Because it was centered around sibling and family rivalry rather than around the actual wrestlers.

The less we see of Shane and Steph, the better. I do miss Shane's crazy ass stunts and risk taking during the few PPV's he would wrestle in though. KOTR Street Fight 2002 vs Angle, anybody? Man those were the days!

phantomgerald

Their sibling rivlary should be a major storyline, but I don't think it's time yet. We should let them both run the company for awhile longer, and make sure Vince does not reappear on TV. Then make it start off as a sibling rivalry, before making it a full blown war between brands.

CT Styles

I think it could be a testing of the siblings for the future. Maybe to see who would run the company better. It may seem a bit off currently, Vince won't be around forever though. I personally see it as a way to let the two become used to being the top dogs administration/non active-wise on TV close to every week. People just realized the both weren't exactly 'agreeing' with each other and assumed a feud would develop. I see it as a way to see how the two can perform on a regular basis as they will have to in the future.

Montana

Who's name signs the checks? The McMahon Family

Who has clout and infleunce in terms of creative and writing? The McMahon Family.

Who really jacked up the Invasion storyline? The McMahon Family.

Why? Because it was centered around sibling and family rivalry rather than around the actual wrestlers.

The less we see of Shane and Steph, the better. I do miss Shane's crazy ass stunts and risk taking during the few PPV's he would wrestle in though. KOTR Street Fight 2002 vs Angle, anybody? Man those were the days!

Well, idk if i'd say RUIN, the storyline, but certainly the mcmahon family put too much emphasis on themselves and not the actual wrestlers.

As far as the wwe booking goes, they have No f'n clue what they are doing. They are just slinging PPV matches together ppv by ppv. They have no hot fueds leading in 2009, that can climax at WM. No fresh matchups for Mania. No good title matches for the rumble. No young faces to win the rumble.

The only halfway interesting angle right now is JBL/HBK. The legacy should get interesting when Dibiase returns. SD has nothing. The shows and characters have been alright, but from a storyline perspective they've got nothing.

Reaction score
SD has nothing. The shows and characters have been alright, but from a storyline perspective they've got nothing.

Touche' on that one. Did you watch Smackdown last night? Over 10 minutes devoted to a Divas match?

The bookers are truly clueless.

Wrestling Station

It depends if Raw is going to have a general manager or not in the near future. (this will lead to less McMahons on TV if we get a new GM).

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I thought that if they had continued with their rivalry that they were having, they could have a Battle of Billionaire's II at WM for supremacy. They could have picked one or two guys to represent them. Having a team wouldn't really work because a lot of the talent would be used up. Especially with the MitB and having 8 guys in that, they wouldn't be able to have and world champs because they would be defending their titles, pretty sure the tag titles will be on the line, and the IC belt, if who ever the champ is isn't in the MitB. So I was for sure thinking a Battle of the Billionaire II was in the works before they started going less and less with the sibling rivalry.

Enigma22

Reaction score
i think they are gonna slowly get into the sibling rivalry storyline. im sure within a few weeks shane will come back with a huge announcement to screw over stephanie or something. maybe they could get HHH involved and have it a wrestlemania match or something with stephanie and shane managing a wrestler each...

Sgt Xtreme

Reaction score
I'm kinda neutral about the whole thing. While I think it could show some moderate potential to go somewhere as family feud. What about if it flops like the Invasion storyline? If they decide to do something with this then I'll be all up for it. To see how it goes. But if they leave it just at what it is. Than I won't really care. By the looks of things though it looks like Steph is taking over as the General Manager of some sorts.

I wish they'd just put Flair in that spot honestly.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Now all of the feuds will have to do something building up to Wrestlemania. Shane vs Stephanie doesn't look like a big, main event feud unless they build their own teams or stables. Just having the two of them bicker isn't really building to any match in the future.