Shane Carwin Says He Could Have Gone 10 Rounds With Brock Lesnar

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
12_dossantos_vs_carwin_008_large.jpg
MMA Nation's Thomas Myers caught up with UFC heavyweight Shane Carwin this past weekend in New Orleans. Carwin, who had a rough time in his last fight (against Junior dos Santos), gave updates on his health and more.

From the interview:

Thomas Myers, MMA Nation: If I remember correctly, you were cut up pretty bad in your most recent fight against Junior dos Santos. Any of those injuries keep you on the sidelines longer than expected?

Shane Carwin: It's still pretty ugly man, right (as he points to scarred meat dangling from his eye)? But it's okay, I've now got a big 'ole freakin' ball there or something. It took a while. I think I had sutures in about five different spots on my face. It was pretty bad. It took a little time, but it's part of the game. I don't mind it. In fact, I kind of enjoy the warrior wounds, you know? I'm already ugly so it doesn't really matter.

Thomas Myers, MMA Nation: So right now, you're completely healthy -- the back and the eye are all healed up?

Shane Carwin: The back is as good as it can be. I've got some issues back there, but I just do my best to not make it any worse and stay as healthy as possible.

Perhaps more interesting though, was Carwin's talk about his UFC 116 battle with Brock Lesnar:

Thomas Myers, MMA Nation: Did the previous loss to Brock Lesnar, with the whole adrenaline dump issue, help you persevere at all beyond that first round?

Shane Carwin: You know what, actually, I think it became too much of a focus. You guys, the media, decided to pick and harp on it. So then my coaches picked up and harped on it. It became a bigger issue than it really was. That was the focus of the entire camp for Junior. Honestly, I felt I could have gone 10 rounds. I doubt there is any heavyweight who is capable, or willing, to do that. I was in shape for that Brock fight. I threw something like 110 punches in one round, which is something most heavyweights don't do in an entire fight. I just got a little to excited.

Go check the full interview at MMA Nation.