Shane Carwin Reacts to Brock Lesnar's Announcement, Fighting Junior dos Santos

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
gyi0060958888.jpg
One man's diverticulitis is another man's opportunity. With Brock Lesnar's announcement that his disease has flared up once again, Shane Carwin has been tapped to fight Junior dos Santos at UFC 130. Carwin took to his website to address the news:

I was training and my phone was blowing up so I looked over and saw some missed calls from Dana and Joe Silva. I reached out to my manager to see what was going on and he informed me that we are taking Lesnar's spot for 131.

Junior is a serious fight and not the type of fight that you would normally take on a 30 day notice but I have a dream to chase and I do not have a lot of time to chase it. This is an opportunity to put myself in contention for the title. I know my Coaches will have me ready so I have everything to gain.

My manager said "This is where you belong" and I am going to make sure I do everything I can to prove him right.

Please help make UFC 131 one of the biggest cards in the year.

I hope Brock is able to recover. I look forward to facing him again one day.

Multiple sources confirmed that the winner of this fight is still in line to fight heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez.