Seth Rollins talks current wrestling boom

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
059_raw_08282023mm_28297--265345d7d0ac374a8ae040f985b5ac65.webp

Seth Rollins believes wrestling is in a boom period.

The WWE World Heavyweight Champion appeared on After the Bell with Corey Graves recently and spoke in glowing terms about the health of the industry.

"We are in the boom, man," Rollins said on the show. "You've got to understand, there is another company that just put 80,000 people in a stadium for one night. A week before that, we sold 90,000 tickets to WrestleMania, broke the all time gate on the first day."

"There are seven, eight different television programs of professional wrestling on a week not counting Premium Live Events or pay-per-views. The talent roster across the board is beyond what any generation has ever put forward."

"I'm not taking anything away from the guys who paved the way, I stand on the shoulders of these guys."

"The business is bigger than it's ever been, it makes more money than it's ever made, it's healthier. The future of the business is so bright and I'm so happy to be part of it in any capacity," Rollins continued.

Earlier in the show, Rollins spoke about there being a desire from the WWE audience to develop new stars in the women's division. He specifically mentioned Zoey Stark, Chelsea Green, and Piper Niven as those who could play a larger role in the near future.

"What I sense more than anything is this kind of bubbling little undercurrent from our audience, they want something fresh and new and they want to have people to get behind," Rollins said. "I'm not saying these people are coming from NXT, you never know, it might be somebody that steps up, a Chelsea Green, a Piper Niven, you never know. There's tons of women capable on our main roster at the moment."

"I'm feeling it, it's very much like this 'We want something more out of the women and we know it's there and we can't wait to see it' but there's a growing intrigue, a growing desire to see it."

However, Rollins continued to say that WWE's female talent haven't been showcased as best as they can be in recent months. He cited Becky Lynch and Stark's main event match on this week's Raw as an example of what talent in the division can do.

"I felt like Monday was a huge reminder of what their capable of. I'm going to be frank with you, they haven't been showcased as well as they could have been over the past six months or so," he continued.

Up next for Rollins is a match against Shinsuke Nakamura at WWE Payback in Pittsburgh on Saturday.

Last edited: