Sentimental wrestling moments..

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
My question is: A moment in wrestling that transcended things.. A moment that made you reflect if you will..

For myself, it was the day of Eddie Guerrero's passing.. I remember I along with my pal Cesar spent the night at our friend Luwy's house, and were awoken by the news.. At first we didn't believe it.. We thought our pal was just trying to get a reaction out of us... I knew Eddie had battled his demons throughout the years, but in my eyes he recovered and was a top tier in the WWE... We went to his computer to find the news was actual... I remember watching raw, and the whole video package with "hurt" by Johnny Cash.. That was a moment where I, in a sense felt sorrow in wrestling... I was affected by Owen as well, but was too young at that time to really understand the magnitude of it.

Goldberg

The Artiste
Reaction score
Any moment a fellow wrestler dies. Also, a couple of retirement moments such as Ric Flair's.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Death and retirements of course, but Christian winning the WHC and then hugging Edge afterwards gave me goose bumps. Christian had busted his ass for the company for years and was finally rewarded, and was able to celebrate with his life long best friend who he was able to live out his dream with.

Storybook/fairytale type stuff

same type of deal at WM 20 w/ Eddie retaining and Benoit winning his first title.. can't watch this without getting goosebumps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYN9akZIndU
JR's commentary puts it over the top. FINALLY. FINALLY. BAH GAWD FINALLY

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
The deaths of Eddie and Owen go without mention. One kayfabe moment which has always had sentimental value is Eddie's title win for me. It just seemed he had finally completed his redemption.

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
WrestleMania 20, when Eddie Guerrero hugged an empty space while confetti fell from the ceiling

LOL Too bad that moment never happened

RAID

Jobber
Reaction score
Wrestlemaina 24 Ric Flair's retirement.

I wasn't even excited for this match but afterwards i got choked up n shed a few tears for the guy.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
JC4Life37 said:
WrestleMania 20, when Eddie Guerrero hugged an empty space while confetti fell from the ceiling

LOL Too bad that moment never happened

I feel bad for laughing.

It was funny when they were talking about Miz entering the RR #1 this year and they were like only two guys have entered #1 and gone on to win, one of them is Shawn Michaels!

it was like, oh yea WWE, who was the other??

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Dolph'sZiggler said:
I feel bad for laughing.

It was funny when they were talking about Miz entering the RR #1 this year and they were like only two guys have entered #1 and gone on to win, one of them is Shawn Michaels!

it was like, oh yea WWE, who was the other??

Lol I must admit I laugh, but they're right not to mention him.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I understand why the 86'd him from the record books, it had to be done from a business perspective. It's just sad how the entire thing played out. People blame Benoit but I blame the industry. He was legitimately out of his mind by the time the tragedy occurred, his brain was mush from the combination of steroids, pain killers, and head trauma caused by things like diving head butts (off of cages/ladders no less) and unprotected chair shots (to the front and back of the head.) In his mind I believe Benoit thought he was doing 'the right thing' as strange as it sounds. He left bibles with both bodies, so I think he believed he was taking his family to heaven, away from an unfit world

I understand that many will disagree and see him as a monster, but I never will

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
This is a man who said he was paid to travel, so he could wrestle for free

Benoit was no different than any Pro football player who suffered for the sport.

.... except that he Benoit'd his family..... which completely sucks

How can you crossface your own son? Shame..... that guy was awesome, too. Terribly tragic story