Scott Steiner & the X-Division

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

dstebbins

Reaction score
Well, Scotty has finally accepted the X-Division case, and for the longest, I was skeptical about how he's going to fit into the X-Division. Only two heavyweights have held the X-Division title before: Kurt Angle and Samoa Joe. People criticize TNA for giving Kurt the X belt, but keep in mind he can do moonsaults, 450 knee drops (like at BFG), and can get behind you for a German suplex in the blink of an eye, so he definitely has the agility and nimbility to be X-Division champion.

Scott Steiner can be the third heavyweight X-Division champ, but that's sure to draw a lot of critique because he's one of the slower guys in TNA. However, I just got to thinking, Scotty may surprise us when he cashes in FOF. He may end up doing X-Division things like spinning back elbows, suicide dives, and his trademark move, the Frankensteiner (which could become his finisher).

Who knows, maybe Scott asked for this X-Division shot, to prove he can go high flying, against everyone's expectations.

Discuss.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

i hope he doesnt win. i dont want scott to win for scotts sake. his body cant cope with x-division matches, so he will break down

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Hopefully he wont win it. This could be a good way to help push the X-division after 3D is done. He could feud for awhile, lose it, and act like he got screwed out of his shot.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

steiner shouldnt win it. id like to see someone who has been in tna since close to the start take it next

Timmy T

Reaction score
Ughh.....That's all I have to say is Ughhh.... Scott Steiner sucks. I would rather see the X-Division Title on Kip James for christ sake. If they go through with this and Steiner attempts to prove he can be X-Division material he will be injured with in a week.

chessarmy

He'll loose his Title match anyway, so I dont really care. And Kurt's 450 Knee drop was actually a botched 450 splash :wink_7:

Reaction score
^^Yeah but he needs credit for having balls enough to try it. I think the X title should cover more ground. Alex Shelley vs. Scott Steiner could be good. I believe these guys can carry the older, slower vets. We'll see.

gashface

Reaction score
Don't want him with the title, not that fussed on him generally but I am glad Petey has the title shot.

dstebbins

Reaction score
He'll loose his Title match anyway, so I dont really care. And Kurt's 450 Knee drop was actually a botched 450 splash :wink_7:

Still though, it's incredibly agile for a 250lb man.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
People thought it was intentional, so that's all that matters. :p

And yeah, i'd be surprised if he wins his Title match. This really isn't much to worry about.

Enigma22

Reaction score
the x division could use one power guy i guess and hes not much bigger then most of the x division so it might be good...

Switchy

Reaction score
Did you not see Scott Steiner run up the ramp when he stole the heavyweight briefcase back 2 weeks ago, he's as slow as fuck! I know he can do the frankensteiner but saying he can do suicide dives is something you will never see from Scott Steiner. Scott Steiner has had a history for saying small people don't belong in wrestling so I'd get him out of the X before he unleashes some botching power on them.

therazar

Reaction score
I dont think he will win the title I think he might feud for it for a month or two. I think he should have a title match at a pay per view this year. Maybe against Samoa Joe there match at slammiversay was pretty good