Scholes makes shock return

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Sky Sports said:
Paul Scholes has sensationally come out of retirement to rejoin Manchester United on a short-term deal until the end of the season

Scholes announced his retirement from playing at the end of last season to take up a coaching role at Old Trafford.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson always felt Scholes could prolong his playing career and now the 36-year-old has come out of retirement to help ease United's injury problems.

Scholes has gome straight onto the bench for Sunday's FA Cup third round tie against Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium

Ferguson hailed Scholes' return to the fold and feels the midfieldler still has a lot to offer.

"It's fantastic that Paul has made this decision. It's always sad to see great players end their careers, but especially so when they do it early," said Ferguson

"But he has kept himself in great shape and I always felt that he had another season in him. It's terrific to have him back."

Scholes admits he has missed playing since hanging up his boots and he is happy the club have allowed him to rejoin the team.

"I've been pretty clear since I stopped playing that I miss it," noted Scholes. "I'm delighted the manager feels I can still make a contribution to the team and I'm looking forward to playing my part in trying to bring more success to this great club.

This is awesome news for Man U fans. I saw him play earlier aganist Man City and even though he didn't have much time on the pitch he showed brief glimpses off his old self.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
and played a big role in us conceding our second goal......

still, great to have him back, hopefully he'll be a huge confidence boost to the team.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I wonder if he will get more apps this season or if it was just a one off thing.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
he'll likely be used as a sub. He's helping out while we get throught this injury crisis.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
So when they recover from the injury crisis do you think he will just be chucked on the curb and not play ever again? Personally I think he will get in a few more games before the end of the season.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
he likely will, but he's mostly just a short term solution for now. Once the injured midfielders start to return, he'll probably just warm the bench.

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
It was nice of him to come back, but he left his career on a high. If they don't win the league this season, it'll ruin his last year and there's no way that he could hold on past then.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I agree I think he should have just stayed retired.