Saw Series

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I just rewatched the entire Saw series in succession again. Watching it succession definitely helps tell the story a lot better than well... watching one and waiting a while before watching another and going about it that way. But this thread really... is just to say which ones I feel were the best in the series... as in from 1-7 from best to worst.

The best... Saw. Bar none. That was the horror movie/suspense movie that got people interested back in the genre again. We were sick and tired of slashers and wanted a smart movie that had gore. Saw was the movie that brought it all back. And then to top it off it had that nice ending that made you want to see the next one. Sad thing... the next movie sucked :p

#2 - Saw 7. The close of the series, tied up each and every loose end left by the first 6, the ending with the Doc was just awesome. Didn't think he served a purpose anymore but he was kept quiet all the way til that one again so it was a shocker of a sorts. It just ended nicely.

#3 - Saw V. There was something about it that was just awesome. That just made me like it. Maybe it was watching Riggs trying to get through everything and seeing him... just get there too early and not listen. Plus the ending was nice. Strahm going through everything and analyzing and figuring it all out. And I think it was in this one where "Jigsaw" made his quote about anticipating the human mind... its true.

#4 - Saw IV. It was actually close between this one and IV but I pick 4 again cause of Strahm. Strahm was a good character. The story also progressed very well. Plus it had you really wanting to see how V would go and how Strahm would achieve his goal.

#5 - Saw VI. It was good, but it lacked. It had a good premise and story, it had a nice ending with Hoffman almost being done for by Jill. Jill was really stepping her game up. It kind of made you want to see the last of the series but then again it almost felt like the end.

#6 - Saw III. It wasn't bad but it wasn't the best. I mean it was a good step up but it just... needed something else to it. Plus I hated the husband. He was completely irritating. Plus Amanda died... and that was sad :(

#7 - Saw II. It was the weakest of the whole series. It just felt like the one that didn't fit in. I mean it was important for Eric Matthews which was needed in number IV but... it just... didn't fit.

So talk Saw, talk faves, talk hates, talk anything Saw.

Deuce

Reaction score
I love Saw, it has a great storyline all the way through and the plots of the movies, are insane. How can one man think of all those twisted booby traps? As long as this movies don't give some freak serial killers some ideas out there, the movies are AWESOME.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I've seen a few SAW movies and they were pretty interesting, I haven't seen them all but they were enjoyable except the last one. I went to see it in 3D at the cinemas and fell asleep midway.

TAHowardRocks

Reaction score
In an interview with IGN on April 12th,2011,series creators James Wan and Leigh Whannell were asked if Saw 3D was truly the final Saw film. Wan commented by saying,"It's finished for now,but since it's such a huge,well-known franchise,it's gonna come back at some point." They were also asked what it would take for them to return to the films. Wan stated,"I would come back if we were allowed to do something different and really cool." Whannell expanded that by saying,"We would want to do something that was a bit of a different take." It turns out that Saw 3D is not the final film after all.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Saw was half scary cause of how sick and demented the traps were but it was just another horror gorefest.

I only cared about the traps but I never saw the appeal of the storyline, but I think that's the same with everyone.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
What would make me actually care about this franchise is if most people actually cared about the ongoing story. Instead all I hear is people telling me how gruesome this scene was and that scene was. I seriously would have to watch these alone to give them another chance. It's not my type of horror anyways, the gore does tend to overshadow everything despite how great the story is.

I also don't think the world was sick of Slashers but after the I Know What You Did Last Summer series bombed along with Jeepers Creepers... Well maybe they didn't bomb but they sure did suck and didn't deserve sequels. I think those hindered the Slasher films more than anything else. I'm a huge Horror buff but I just can't seem to get over how ridiculous most people sound when they talk about Saw that it turns it off completely for me.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
The thing about Saw though... is you have to watch them all close together that way the story really does make full sense and just flows so nicely. Otherwise with the time lapse it kinda hurts. Like watching them all in the span of 3 days it all went together so well it was like a whole new experience and I enjoyed it so much more than I ever did. I mean even the traps made more sense... everything made more sense when its all together like that.

But I do hope they don't continue the series. It ended just fine the way it did. That is one of the things that kills these things is unneeded extra chapters.

The_King

Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of the Saw Series. With that being said, as they got passed from director to director with shifting writers, things just kept going down hill with ridiculous twists and over the top gore.

My Rankings:
1. Saw (Such a good horror movie. Some of the crappier ones that come after it have really tainted how good the first one was)
-------------------
2. Saw 2
3. Saw 4
-----------------
4. Saw 6
5. Saw 3
----------------
6. Saw 5
7. Saw 7 (I found these two to be absolutely horrible haha).

Deuce

Reaction score
The_King: I totally agree with you on your ranking system of the series, Saw 5 & 7 were horrible but did not ruin the series for me, always got to love the original that started it all, it is the one that got me interested in the series and kept me interested.

Slim: Yes, you do have to watch them all close together to get the whole story but that doesn't mean that if you watch the 1st then the 4th a week or two later, it's gonna make the series seem lame and stupid, the movies are mostly all good by themselves.

EoR: Not for me, yes, the traps are awesome and well thought out but if you know the full story, it is interesting and as amazing as the traps themselves.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Well you do understand Deuce... I wasn't saying that it was going to suck, seem lame, or stupid at all. I mean I pick and watch different ones randomly all the time. I was saying that the story flows best when you watch it all together close because there are so many twists and turns in it that if there is too much time inbetween then you tend to forget a couple of things here and there. That's what I was saying.

Deuce

Reaction score
Well you do understand Deuce... I wasn't saying that it was going to suck, seem lame, or stupid at all. I mean I pick and watch different ones randomly all the time. I was saying that the story flows best when you watch it all together close because there are so many twists and turns in it that if there is too much time inbetween then you tend to forget a couple of things here and there. That's what I was saying.

I understand, it just seemed like that's what you meant, thanks for making things clear to me, I just know lots of people that say the movies suck if you don't watch them in order.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Yeah those people don't know what they talking about. Sure some of them are lots better than other parts but... watching them all in order can be a pain unless you set the time to do it.

Deuce

Reaction score
Yeah those people don't know what they talking about. Sure some of them are lots better than other parts but... watching them all in order can be a pain unless you set the time to do it.

Said like a true genius, my friend. I do it from time to time, but it is a pain, I agree but sometimes, depends on the modd you're in, it's totally worth it.