Samoa Joe Considering WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
- Those close to the situation note that Samoa Joe has been talking seriously about looking at joining WWE when his contract expires in several months.

- Wrestling Observer

If he's motivated... sure... but I truly wonder why he didn't sign with them when his contract expired several months ago? And I thought the contract with TNA was a few years, not just 11 months? Either way... potentially brilliant, but likely stupid.

Reaction score
What's stupid about possibly being ignored BUT exposed to 4x the audience AND making more $$ as opposed to being ignored and exposed to so little for so little? It's a no brainer, he's already hit rock bottom for such a promising career. Punk and Dragon are proof positive that E knows what to do with indy talent, as long as talent is actually there. He can make the money, get the exposure and make more money overseas if things don't pan out for him there. Or he can take less money and continually get buried and ignored in the most poorly ran promotion since Herb Abrham's UWF OR he can take even less money and go back to the indies. Not going to the E is the dumbest thing he can do. In the grand scheme of things Joe is a nobody and doesn't deserve to have an ego. Yes he is big with the IWC, was successful on the indy circuit and had a decent run in TNA. And now after terrible mismanagement he is damaged goods everywhere but the indies. There isn't anywhere near as good a living to be made in wrestling stateside as in the WWE.

I'm not saying he has to go to WWE. He's obviously not a top dog in TNA so what's he to lose? He's already lost, might as well get as much money as possible from the career path he's chosen. If he wants to feel important,go back to the indies. If he wants be exposed to a mass audience, make more money than he will ever make else where and have the opportunity that no promotion in the world can provide, go to WWE. If he wants to stay in a terribly ran company that has ruined him to the point that he can't make more than what he's making, stay in TNA. At this point in his career he's fucking Blue if there is an offer from the E and he doesn't take it. And if a wrestler thinks being mistreated is not worth a high 5 to low six figure salary in such a shitty industry, I will be watching Chavo Guerrero perform infront of probably 100 people here next month.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^I wasn't suggesting it would be stupid on Joe's part, I was saying it COULD be stupid on the E's part if they get the no-motivation, lazy piece of shit Joe that has showed up countless times in the last 2-2 1/2 years. Granted there's no reason to believe he won't be motivated in a new landscape with the proper opportunity... but then again, if that's what it would take for him to find motivation... I again wonder why he even resigned with TNA in the first place?

Airfixx

Reaction score
It's all very well him considering WWE, but are WWE considering him?

I'm a Joe fan, but he's proper damaged goods. Not sure if he'll get enough attention in WWE to repair my perception of him.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
I want to say he should go back to the indies and repair himself physically and mentally, so he could have at least a glimmer of hope to make it in WWE. I agree with 'Fixx, I don't think they'd take him immediately if he opted out of his contract. However, if going to ROH/overseas/wherever means he can find himself again, then go to WWE to actually be someone, That would be >>> to going now and getting to be the next Husky Harris. Anybody whose ever seen his truly greatest matches and promos can't deny the talent this man has and what he could be if the WWE bookers are as great as Enzo thinks.

If anything, if you revolved the show around Samoa Joe for a month, Raw at the very least wouldn't be getting 3.08 ratings on the go-home to SummerSlam, unlike certain other "talents" the "internet crowd" loves. >_>

...god...

Reaction score
You think people would care more about fat ass Joe who can't cut a promo without beginning to randomly yell and overact like Cena than CM Punk? ya..

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
People have always cared about Joe throughout his career when he's pushed right, just not on a WWE level. He has the "It-factor" that so many lack, fat or not, Joe can still move around with anybody and has an aura of a dangerous guy. Not to go on about Punk, but he's just not that great to begin with, and nobody cares about his character because he's only been booked as a "cult leader" that didn't fly in today's WWE, and a guy that basically just name-drops to get over with the internet.

TNA can take the mystique away from anybody though, so i'm not surprised it's come to this with Joe and the people. Not to mention his look for some reason is a turnoff to some already. I hope his true potential gets reached wherever he goes. Also, not all of his promos are like that, TNA thing again. >_>

...god...

Reaction score
Well I agree to an extent that I'm tired of seeing people slurp CM Punk to death on some of these shit forums. It's hilarious, the guy can say anything or bring up some internet news and people will go LOL OMG I LOVE PUNK HES SO WITTY N FUNNY OMGOMG. And I'm sure they're fairly even in the ring, I just can't buy Joe's 'serious' promos on the same level as I don't buy Cena's. It just seems fake and bad. Other than that, he can be pretty crisp when he's cool, calm, and relaxed; see his manipulating heel run in 09.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
I could see Joe being given a comedy gimmick and ending up in a tag team with Santino if anything tbh. As said earlier he cant really cut serious promos he looks pretty stupid half the time, he can fuckin wrestle for sure and I like the fact that he dosent need that body builder physique that the 'superstars' typically need. But I really just cant see Joe in a serious Main Event WWE role at this point and time.

Axis

Reaction score
Several inside sources have indicated that AJ Styles is looking to sign with the WWE. Apparently Christian has made a big push for him, potentially even to bring him in as a protege. Whether or not Christian has enough pull to bring in wrestlers from outside the WWE remains to be seen. Of course, plans are always subject to change.

Axis

Reaction score
I should write for the Observer.

...god...

Reaction score
do more plz, IM GETTING SO EXCITED.

antichrist713

Reaction score
WWE would probally give him some dumb gimmick and try to make everyone think he is a noob, but anything is possible.

Smeghall

Reaction score
TNA Stars I would like to see join WWE would be samoa joe, aj styles, beer money, the motor city machine guns, crimson, matt morgan, magnus, jeff hardy, sting and team 3d(the dudley boyz).