Sami Zayn talks original plans for Bloodline Angle, "Honorary Uce" segment, more

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
09_sd_10142022mm_42054--17485419a5c9f763ca6678c1fe6120e7.jpg

Sami Zayn says the audience's reaction to his angle with the Bloodline has changed where the story is headed.

Zayn spoke with MIrror UK recently and noted that the original plan was for him and the Bloodline to have some on-screen interactions only "every now and again." Now he says the angle is only "scratching the surface" of where it can go.

"This is one of the more filled-out, long-term stories I've ever been a part of, and it's long, even by WWE standards. Usually, we might do two or three-month stories, but I've been aligned with The Bloodline in some respects since April and we're still only kind of scratching the surface as to where this is going to go," Zayn said.

"The initial idea was just to have some on-screen interactions every now and again because it made sense as the self-proclaimed locker room leader I should have a good rapport with the Head of the Table. So we were kind of cooking up that idea," he continued.

Zayn would say, however, that he was confident that the dynamic between him and the Bloodline would be successful.

"On some level, I knew that when you add the lightness that my character brings to kind of the seriousness and the star power that they bring that it was gonna light the whole thing up. That was the goal."

He continued to say that the audience's reaction to the angle changed the direction the story is taking. Zayn said his on-screen interactions with Jey Uso are an example of this.

"But one of the things I'm realizing is with live audiences these stories tend to take a life of their own, and you kind of don't know where they're going to go and that's actually what's exciting about it."

"For example, the dynamic between Jey and myself? I don't know that it was ever meant to be like this but now you're starting to get people guessing what's Jey going to do and where is it going for him."

"I'm past the point of trying to predict what the end game is. But I think at this point, we have such a level of investment that whatever happens, I think fans are going to just be there along for the ride. It's been really a lot of fun and seeing how much the fans have been loving it has been really rewarding."

Zayn also spoke with BT Sports recently and said that the segment where Roman Reigns gifted him the Honorary Uce t-shirt is something he hopes fans will remember for a long time.

"It's probably the best in-ring segment I've ever done," Zayn said. "I hope people will remember that moment for years to come"

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Sami and Jey deserve Emy noms.

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
At this point, I don’t think anything can convince me that Sami shouldn’t be the one to dethrone Roman. He’s getting the biggest reactions of the night from some of these crowds, the story they’re doing right now with Sami in the bloodline is the best story they’ve done in years, he’s also been the only main contender who’s been on Smackdown the entire time Roman has been champion and yet has never had a fair chance at the belt so it brings it all together. Like…Sami is the guy.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Daddy Dom

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
At this point, I don’t think anything can convince me that Sami shouldn’t be the one to dethrone Roman. He’s getting the biggest reactions of the night from some of these crowds, the story they’re doing right now with Sami in the bloodline is the best story they’ve done in years, he’s also been the only main contender who’s been on Smackdown the entire time Roman has been champion and yet has never had a fair chance at the belt so it brings it all together. Like…Sami is the guy.
I would love to see it but like..

:Cody

• Love
Reactions: Butters

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I have a feeling Sami is gonna get a title shot and come really close to winning but come up short