Sami Callihan Signs New Two-year Deal with Impact Wrestling

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
samiimpactdeal.jpg

Sami Callihan has signed a new multi-year deal to remain with Impact Wrestling.

On Twitter, Callihan announced at the start of the new year that he's signed a new two-year deal with Impact Wrestling.

"Today marks when I WOULD have been a FREE AGENT," Callihan wrote. "I just RE-SIGNED with @IMPACTWRESTLING, 2 years for BIG money. I got other offers...but I don’t give a damn. This is MY company. I made this company. I will be champion again in 2021."

PWInsider reported in December that Callihan was expected to remain with Impact Wrestling.

Callihan is a former Impact World Champion. He held the title from October 2019 to January 2020. At Turning Point in November, Callihan unsuccessfully challenged Rich Swann for the Impact World Championship.

Callihan will be in action on the first Impact episode of 2021. He's facing Eddie Edwards on Tuesday's show.

Source: f4wonline.com

Reactions: MrFlash

MrFlash

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
Favorite Wrestler
jerrylynn
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Really, really happy about this news. Big fan of Sami's and loved his work in the company so glad he's sticking around unlike a lot of the talent the company built up over the years. Impact really should reward his loyalty with a title run imo, although this would be tricky given Moose prime to finally get a run on top.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Pretty cool to see Sami be loyal and big money could it mean another run for him down the road. If it wasn't for Tessa's momentum Sami could of still been Impact World Champion right now. You know they are going to set up Swann vs Callihan again, but I'm hoping Impact brings in some new talent in 2021 for Sami to work with and help elevate the Company.

MrFlash

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
Favorite Wrestler
jerrylynn
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Pretty cool to see Sami be loyal and big money could it mean another run for him down the road. If it wasn't for Tessa's momentum Sami could of still been Impact World Champion right now. You know they are going to set up Swann vs Callihan again, but I'm hoping Impact brings in some new talent in 2021 for Sami to work with and help elevate the Company.

Yea i bet they regret having Tessa ending Sami run now, he really should have had a longer run on top before being toppled. I enjoyed the Swann vs Sami feud before so wouldn't be against them revisiting it but yea Impact need to bring in some new faces who could feud for the belt. Or elevate guys like Ace Austin as a main eventer, be interesting to see him go against Sami if Mad Man Fuller caught in the middle.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yea i bet they regret having Tessa ending Sami run now, he really should have had a longer run on top before being toppled. I enjoyed the Swann vs Sami feud before so wouldn't be against them revisiting it but yea Impact need to bring in some new faces who could feud for the belt. Or elevate guys like Ace Austin as a main eventer, be interesting to see him go against Sami if Mad Man Fuller caught in the middle.

Ace Austin for sure it's criminally bad by Impact to not of had this guy not World Champion by now or at least X-Division Champion again. He's fallen off almost like he pissed off someone backstage, but they need for sure to get him back to Main Event status. The dude is a blue chipper no doubt.

MrFlash

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
Favorite Wrestler
jerrylynn
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Ace Austin for sure it's criminally bad by Impact to not of had this guy not World Champion by now or at least X-Division Champion again. He's fallen off almost like he pissed off someone backstage, but they need for sure to get him back to Main Event status. The dude is a blue chipper no doubt.

I'm guessing it more down to covid causing problems then backstage heat or anything like that as the company did seem to be quiet high on him and where pushing him solidly before. I think pairing him with Madman Fulton (correctly named in this post, i blame watching forged in fire while typing for last post error) was a sign he was moving up a division so hopefully by end of 2021 he'll have a run with ether belt, but preferably the world belt.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
If I was Impact I woulda came with more like a 5 year deal. They severely need stability at the top of their card, and right now it feels like Sami, Moose, Eddie and Taya are the only people who've really been there long enough to feel like legit mainstays.

MrFlash

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
Favorite Wrestler
jerrylynn
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
If I was Impact I woulda came with more like a 5 year deal. They severely need stability at the top of their card, and right now it feels like Sami, Moose, Eddie and Taya are the only people who've really been there long enough to feel like legit mainstays.

Maybe it due to the way things are with covid right now or the risk of injury's from Sami brutal style that it's not a longer deal? But I completely agree they need stability with their talent, they've leaked way too much in the last 2-3 years. Pinning their main players down with contracts (Moose, Sami, Ace Austin, Rosemary, Deonna Purrazzo imo are must keep) would definitely help Impact in there quest to rebuild themselves.