Ryback

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
So Skip Shieffield has been out for a year and a half now. He's been working at live events and a bunch of dark matches. He's been repackaged as Ryback. It's a terminator gimmick. But he's yet to be brought back to tv. Word is when he is brought back he will receive a major push. What do you guys think will happen when he's brought back to tv.

Max Lavoix

Reaction score
If Brodus Clay really get pulled off TV for his unsafe work, I guess Ryback will take his place and beat jobber every weeks on Raw and Superstars.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I wouldn't call it a repackaging, just a revival of his FCW gimmick. And given that he fits Vince's major superstar template to perfection, he could quite likely get some sort of a big jump if they decide to bring him up from dark matches. I don't think he'll have a meteoric rise like Dolph or Zack had this year, but he might go more along the lines of David Otunga where he gets a certain spot on the roster that he sticks at for a while, building up steam, before getting into some sort of feud. I hope they call him up after WrestleMania, though, and maybe we can see him as a heel, feuding against Ezekiel Jackson in a big man's feud. I'd love to see those two in a clash of the titans at Extreme Rules. I wouldn't want a feud like that to drag out, but it would definitely build onto the rise of the Ryback, if indeed, he gets a rise of any sort.

Max Lavoix

Reaction score
Have they even sent him back down on FCW since he came back from injury or did he just wrestle dark matches? I don't recall seeing him in FCW during the last year.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Just dark matches I believe. But he's only begun competing again since like, late November I think. That's when he returned from injury.