Ryback as Bane, bizarre idea I found on the tinternet.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Feed me more...Feed me more...

Since his return to television on SmackDown in April, Ryback has been on a consistent rampage against local talent—a.k.a. jobbers.

And after every defeat, Ryback has continually demanded more challengers. But week after week, fans have only seen Ryback squash unimpressive opponents.

Sure, Ryback's strength is believable. His wrestling moves have tremendous impact. But his ring attire mimics that of Rob Van Dam, and his squash matches have caused fans to label him the new Goldberg.

And while WWE may very well be trying to create their own version of Goldberg, each week it seems as though they are mocking him.

But here is an idea that I think would interest the boss himself, Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

It is no secret that Vince is a huge fan of Hollywood. For years, he's been trying to get his own foot in the door with WWE Films' productions like "See No Evil" and capitalizing on The Rock's success abroad. Many have even suggested that the WWE itself is Mr. McMahon's own version of Hollywood.

Considering the success of The Dark Knight and the incredible hype surrounding the upcoming and last film in the trilogy, The Dark Knight Rises, it would only make sense for the WWE to capitalize on this year's summer blockbuster films.

Especially with SummerSlam on the way.

The film incarnation of Bane. Photo: www.thedarkknightrises.com

Ryback could be very successful if molded to represent the total opposite of Goldberg.

Goldberg was essentially a crowd favorite, a baby face. He was a gladiator who went through his opponents quickly. His character depended on his streak, on the unstoppable nature of his power. Therefore, it is inevitable that fans will eventually get bored. Goldberg is a poor long-term investment.

Let's take another approach.

In the comic books, Bane is a brilliant and extremely powerful adversary of the "dark knight," Batman. He became infamous when he broke Batman's back. In the new movie, Bane will be portrayed as a rebel/terrorist who seeks to destroy Gotham and its hero through pure chaos.

This is the realm in which Ryback can thrive—as a calculating, manipulative heel. Ryback tears down his opponents slowly through psychological games. By the time Ryback faces his opponent in the ring, he has already done significant damage outside of it.

But here is where the character is truly sold.

Unlike many other heels who require cheating to win, Ryback is a menacing and formidable opponent whose lust for psychological damage is unnecessary, because he is completely capable of tearing his opponents apart.

Therefore, although he will be hated, he will also be respected. Fans will want to see him in the ring. Fans will want to see who can defeat such a terrible force.

For this to work, Ryback needs to be successful in his first attempt for the WWE Championship. He needs to completely destroy the baby face. CM Punk would be the target. Ryback can be the villain who "broke" CM Punk's back.

Do you see where I am going? The point is not to bury Punk but make the WWE Championship something worth fighting for again, a symbol. And in order for that to happen, it needs to be stolen by a super villain.

It needs to be reborn. Out of the ashes, a phoenix.

Finish...it!

Source

It's a strange concept but the more I think of it the more it kind of makes sense, Ryback as the man who breaks the spirit of one of the big faces could be golden.

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
Very interesting concept. I really like the idea of him being hated yet respected for his ability to destroy his opponent.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Bane looks intellectual though, at least in this new movie he does. He looks like he's smart as well as fucking tough. Ryback -- even though I'm his biggest mark -- kind of looks like a dope. Though, his promo he cut on SmackDown made him seem quite intelligent actually, it depends on his mic work. I love the idea though.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Bane looks intellectual though, at least in this new movie he does. He looks like he's smart as well as F**cking tough. Ryback -- even though I'm his biggest mark -- kind of looks like a dope. Though, his promo he cut on SmackDown made him seem quite intelligent actually, it depends on his mic work. I love the idea though.

Yes Bane is suppose to look smart. In the comics he has a genius level intellect and the strategic mind of a master general. He figured out Batman's identity and the location of the batcave in under a week in the comics and devised a plan that would end with him breaking Batman's back which worked.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Seems like a monster heel to me (the Ryback described on the text, that is).

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Stopspot said:
Yes Bane is suppose to look smart. In the comics he has a genius level intellect and the strategic mind of a master general. He figured out Batman's identity and the location of the batcave in under a week in the comics and devised a plan that would end with him breaking Batman's back which worked.

Just thought of a way to incorporate that actually, you know in the Knightfall arc where Bane released all the prisoners from Arkham, how about having Ryback recruit everyone who Cena has wronged in the past. Think Barrett after the TLC incident, Orton if he turned heel, pissed off Punk, Miz and Ziggler. All have a reason to vendetta against Cena for varying reason, they wouldn't be a stable but Ryback would promise them one shot at him, they'd take it to gain their revenge on Cena, this leads to a beaten down Cena being destroyed by them before Ryback got a WWE title match, say he won MITB for example. Ryback squashes him and causes a kayfabe injury, he breaks the unbreakable spirit.

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
I just dont see ryback being too successful as a face

Ironman666

Jobber
Reaction score
Seabs said:
Source

It's a strange concept but the more I think of it the more it kind of makes sense, Ryback as the man who breaks the spirit of one of the big faces could be golden.

What the fuck are you going on about

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Ironman666 said:
What the F*** are you going on about

I'm guessing reading isn't your strong point, try looking at the words until they form into sentences. Everyone else could grasp the concept, why can't you?

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
He's talking about how the batman villain Bane, could be used successfully by Ryback as a gimmick.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Asskicker said:
He's talking about how the batman villain Bane, could be used successfully by Ryback as a gimmick.

Thank you, although reading the article makes you realize there is more to it than that.