Rumors on Next Dream Show Featuring Bibiano Fernandes, Kazushi Sakuraba

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
20091008122957_200910062849_JPG_large.jpg
The next Dream event is coming up this weekend on July 16, but reports are already beginning to surface regarding Dream's next outing.

In an interview with Full Contact Fighter, former Dream Featherweight champion Bibiano Fernandes said that he would be taking part in an upcoming Dream event:

My manager told me that I'm going to fight September 25th. I'm waiting to see what opponent DREAM gives me, but they say I'm going to be fighting.

This will be Fernandes's first fight since losing the Dream title to Hiroyuki Takaya at Dynamite!! 2010. In the past year Fernandes has publicly stated his frustration with not being paid everything owed to him by Dream parent company FEG. Hopefully his participation here means he received what he was owed.

Other rumors for this card include former Sengoku Lightweight champion Satoru Kitaoka making his Dream debut, and the return of Kazushi Sakuraba. The Japanese legend has not competed since suffering a gruesome ear injury at Dynamite!! 2010. Hayato "Mach" Sakurai has been mentioned as a possible Sakuraba opponent.

As with all Japan MMA news, take these rumors with a severe grain of salt, as plans could easily change up to the last minute.

Dream's 2nd show of 2011 takes place this Saturday, July 16, and is headlined by the Bantamweight tournament final between Hideo Tokoro and Masakazu Imanari.