Rugby League Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dmac

Never Gonna Stop
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
bwpLynH
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Sports Team
psOTgB7
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
So when I got here the other night, Juice seemed happy that there was actually another RL fan on board.

Is there any more of you out there?

It's a fun Sport.

Anyone currently familiar with Ridge Holland on NXT. Rugby League is where he was made.

Then you have Jarryd Hayne. A League player who briefly signed for the SF 49ers... and didn't really get very far but it still made the news.

Any of you ever even given it a watch?

Come on!

Cult03

The Australian Horror Story
Reaction score
There's a few of us now, including @Chip Chipperson who is a dirty Roosters fan. I'm a massive Broncos fan and member. Wigan is my Super League team though and I am going to get into it a lot more this year, especially if the Broncos continue to disappoint me.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
I am a London Broncos Fan - because of where I live but my Gramps played for Whitehaven and Workington so they both have soft spots for me, Whitehaven more so (if I lived up North id probably go to as many Haven games as I could). When it comes to the NRL it has to be the Bunnies - but the NRL as a whole competition is just so great to watch. Although wen Im watching Origin - it has to be the Maroons.

Reactions: Cult03

Cult03

Reaction score
I am a London Broncos Fan - because of where I live but my Gramps played for Whitehaven and Workington so they both have soft spots for me, Whitehaven more so (if I lived up North id probably go to as many Haven games as I could). When it comes to the NRL it has to be the Bunnies - but the NRL as a whole competition is just so great to watch. Although wen Im watching Origin - it has to be the Maroons.
I love that. The NRL is definitely a far better comp but it's got it's flaws. Those in charge are very reactive when it comes to dumb rule changes. I got my level 1 coaching just before covid and haven't had a chance to use it yet but it's definitely something I am interested in.

Reactions: CakeWalker

Chip Chipperson

I'm over here now :)
Reaction score
Souths have got a good team for next year. I think Mansour still has plenty to offer.

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
Love me my rugby league. Tragic Wests supporter of old (Magpies), with an affection towards the Wests Tigers venture. In the UK game, I love to eat pies. Chariots Offiah was an amazing sight to see.

Cult03

Reaction score
Who is everyone tipping to win the premiership in 2023? I'm hoping the Broncos can step up and win, but doubtful. Who is next years NRL Fairytale team?

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
Penrith are going to be right up there again, although losing Korisau and Kikau will be big holes to fill. Souths will be up and abouts it, Parramatta as well.

As for the fairytale, I think the Tigers might surprise a few and maybe hit 8th. Newcastle could turn it around also, with a fit Ponga and the addition of Hastings

Cult03

Reaction score
Penrith are going to be right up there again, although losing Korisau and Kikau will be big holes to fill. Souths will be up and abouts it, Parramatta as well.

As for the fairytale, I think the Tigers might surprise a few and maybe hit 8th. Newcastle could turn it around also, with a fit Ponga and the addition of Hastings
I think you're going to be in for a world of disappointment as a Tigers fan. Don't worry, I will be too. My girlfriends dad is a Tigers fan. Took him to the Broncos/Tigers game at Suncorp this year expecting a big win and they got us. Still hearing about it to this day.

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
I think you're going to be in for a world of disappointment as a Tigers fan. Don't worry, I will be too. My girlfriends dad is a Tigers fan. Took him to the Broncos/Tigers game at Suncorp this year expecting a big win and they got us. Still hearing about it to this day.

I'm a Souths fan bud

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
Sorry, I just saw the post up a bit where you said you're a Wests fan with an affection towards the West Tigers.

Yeah I was/am a Magpie, grew affection to the Tigers cos it's my family's team, but the allure of the cardinal and myrtle swung me 20 years ago

Cult03

Reaction score
Yeah I was/am a Magpie, grew affection to the Tigers cos it's my family's team, but the allure of the cardinal and myrtle swung me 20 years ago
2002 must have been a weird time to jump on their wagon. Won a couple of wooden spoons in the following years didn't they? Definitely a better team these days.

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
2002 must have been a weird time to jump on their wagon. Won a couple of wooden spoons in the following years didn't they? Definitely a better team these days.

Yeah, I was so disillusioned with the Tigers joint-venture that I gave up on it and started following rugby. Then Souths returned and I hopped on (lol). First few years were rough (and Wests won the comp in 2005, was happy for my family). Much better team these days, consistent finals is always good.