Roy Nelson Making The Drop To Light Heavyweight?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Dana White has been nudging Roy Nelson, and trying to convince him to drop to 205 for a while now. Today, "Big Country" suddenly made a pretty smart bet by saying that he will finally drop to light heavyweight, IF he can add 100,000 'likes' in Facebook.

Here's Nelson explaining it in his own words:

The reason is my friend and I had a discussion about what was better? I think twitter just because of use and for fans interaction, but Facebook is 20x bigger. So we decided to bet. I said if it so easy and great I should be able add 100K fans in 2 weeks because I have that on twitter. Facebook is bigger and better so this should be easy. Right?

Bet is I will try to get to 205 if I can add 100k to Facebook.com/RoyNelsonUFC in two weeks. I love to win bets. Plus he will have to give me a part in his next movie.

It is also interesting to take note of a few things:

- A slightly slimmed down Roy Nelson weighed in at 246 lbs. for his last bout against Fabricio Werdum.

- He said he will "try" to get to 205, if he can "add", (not reach) 100,000 likes on Facebook.

- Nelson has again reiterated his belief that heavyweight is the place for him. He also says he will "win" this bet and won't need to drop to 205, simply because it's harder to get likes on Facebook.

As of this writing, he has 234,710 followers on twitter, and just below 32,000 likes on Facebook. I think it's a very good ploy, where Roy Nelson wins regardless of how this bet turns out. Why? He gets more attention, and he also gets more "likes" and "followers" either way.

I want to see him make it to 205, He could easily do it within 3-5 months.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I've always enjoyed him at heavyweight. He's getting himself in better shape. It'd be very interesting to see him at Light Heavyweight if that were to happen.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
He said he weighed in at 264lbs today.

I don't think he can do that great at 205, he'll likely be drained and lose his power.

Ben

Reaction score
That's a big cut for Roy, and it might take a while for him to make a good cut down to that weight. Would have to really hit the gym and actually be in great ship to hit it.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
He has slimmed down though. The big moon belly was like half a moon when he fought against Werdum and he weighed in at 250+. A weight cut to drop to Light Heavyweight would be crazy but he could pull it off somehow.

Deuce

Reaction score
That guy would kick some major ass if he dropped a division, the guy can take a beating and he can dish out.. would be unfair to let him drop a weight division IMO.

Ben

Reaction score
I'm still saying in his current state he can't cut weight in a effective fashion given, his current size and fitness. If he's going to do this he needs to take 6 months off.