Ross Pearson Considering a Drop to Featherweight

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
tuf9finale_07_pearson_vs_winner_016_large_large.jpg
UFC lightweight and The Ultimate Fighter 9 winner Ross Pearson is contemplating a drop to the featherweight division. Pearson is coming off a close split-decision loss to Edson Barboza at UFC 134. He shared the news today via twitter:

Decisions....decision what to do!!! Thinking about testing 145lbs see if I can make it, could be some big fights for me at that weight!!less than a minute ago via Twitter for iPhone Favorite Retweet Reply Ross Pearson
RossTheRealDeal

.bbpBox110838477570056193 {background:url(http://a1.twimg.com/profile_background_images/275561328/rosstwitter.jpg) #C0DEED;padding:20px;} p.bbpTweet{background:#fff;padding:10px 12px 10px 12px;margin:0;min-height:48px;color:#000;font-size:18px !important;line-height:22px;-moz-border-radius:5px;-webkit-border-radius:5px} p.bbpTweet span.metadata{display:block;width:100%;clear:both;margin-top:8px;padding-top:12px;height:40px;border-top:1px solid #fff;border-top:1px solid #e6e6e6} p.bbpTweet span.metadata span.author{line-height:19px} p.bbpTweet span.metadata span.author img{float:left;margin:0 7px 0 0px;width:38px;height:38px} p.bbpTweet a:hover{text-decoration:underline}p.bbpTweet span.timestamp{font-size:12px;display:block}

I will do a test run an keep u all posted on how I do at making 145lbs need to sit down speak to UFC & coaches see what they thinkless than a minute ago via Twitter for iPhone Favorite Retweet Reply Ross Pearson
RossTheRealDeal

Pearson stated in response to a question that he only drops 10 pounds to make the 155 limit, so it's certainly within the realm of possibility. He could definitely be a force in a semi-shallow 145 division if he was able to do it.