Roman Reigns on Pat McAfee show

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

To no big surprise, undisputed WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns is a big fan of Paul Heyman.

Reigns appeared on Friday's Pat McAfee Show to promote his appearance on Friday's SmackDown and was asked about Heyman's impending induction into the WWE Hall of Fame and whether he should induct himself.

While Reigns didn't have any real insight on who should do it, he did have plenty of positive things to say about his "wise man."

"Whoever does (the induction) needs to be themselves and tell the truth because Paul is an incredible man...an unbelievable man. What he's done in this business and his personal life, which I know well because I'm friends with him and work with him...I have the utmost respect for him. No one deserves a hall of fame induction more than him," he stated.

Reigns then joked that Heyman is a "performance enhancer" and that "Paul's a PED."

"He knows what it's like to be on the marquee. He's worked around (the business) and in it his whole life is seems like," later equating Heyman to being like a director who knows what to say to get an actor ready to do a monologue.

McAfee then told a story about how he was backstage preparing for a promo toward Austin Theory and was trying to figure it out. He said Heyman walked up to him and made a few suggestions on phrases that he ended up using all of. McAfee said he told Heyman he wanted to publicly acknowledge him helping, but Heyman told him he could hold off to some other day if he wanted.

Aside from the above, the rest of the interview was mainly kayfabe with a few highlights:
  • Reigns said that what John Cena has done is "GOAT-level generationally" but that for him, he is more about quality over quantity in terms of title reigns and the impact of those reigns.

"I will always take the quality of this reign over 14,15,16 times every day of the week," he said.

• On why fans want to see The Rock vs. Reigns and assume it will happen, he said that one of them is dominating Hollywood while the other is dominating WWE so it makes sense why people want to see the match.

"That was the endgame. Let me go and make the final statement. Put the stamp of approval and seal the deal, If I beat The Rock, ain't no one ever questioning what I've done here. Cody (Rhodes) took that from me. He took that storybook ending."

Reactions: Jimmy King

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2