ROH Replaces TNA for annual Brooklyn Cyclones' wrestling event

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
The annual pro wrestling event presented at The Brooklyn Cyclones' MCU Field in NY, which has been promoted by TNA for years, will be presented by Ring of Honor this summer.
ROH will debut at the Stadium on Friday 8/15.

Pwinsider.

Nice for ROH.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Wow that's cool,
I wonder why they decided to swap out promotions after awhile?

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Suppose in terms of size this looks like TNA may be on a bigger downward spiral than we realise and ROH is on an upward one.

Nice though as enjoyed the ROH I've started to watch.

Stopspot

Reaction score
RING OF HONOR PRESENTS FIELD OF HONOR AT MCU PARK IN BROOKLYN AUGUST 15

Brooklyn, NY (May 21, 2014) – Ring of Honor Wrestling (“ROH”) announced today that on Friday, August 15th, it will present FIELD OF HONOR at MCU Park in Brooklyn, NY.

The event will feature championship bouts, top ranked wrestlers and the distinctive next generation wrestling that makes ROH the world’s most innovative brand of pro wrestling in the world. A full line-up will be available in the coming weeks exclusively at: www.ROHwrestling.com.

“Wrestling has a rich history at ballparks dating back almost a hundred years and we are excited to celebrate that history by partnering with the Brooklyn Cyclones and MCU Park to bring ROH to their fantastic ball park,” said Joe Koff, COO of Ring of Honor.

Tickets for this event will be on sale for Ringside Members on Wednesday, May 21st at 10 AM can be be purchased by clicking HERE. Ringside members click HERE for your Pre Sale Password.

If you are not yet a Ringside Member, click here for more info on how to sign up.

Tickets for the general public go on sale this Friday, May 23rd at 10 AM and can be purchased atbrooklyncyclones.com, on the phone through 718-507-TIXX, or in person at the MCU Park Box Office.

Follow ROH on Twitter: @RingofHonor
Like ROH at: Facebook.com/RingofHonor

Check your local listings to see where you can watch Ring of Honor TV each and every week or subscribe and watch online at: www.ROHwrestling.com.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Well, good. Honestly I've been enjoying ROH a lot more than TNA as of late, so for me this makes sense. And it is nice that TNA seems to be going down while ROH grows up, as there may be more of a competition between those two (since for anyone to reach WWE for the near future... yeah), and that sounds great.

Stopspot

Reaction score
If Bauer is to be believed we'll also be getting improved production values and such during this year as well. They've already switched to HD cameras.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Good to see Ring of Honor stepping it up. Sucks that it has to be at a cost for a TNA event, but if Ring of Honor continues to improve, then that'll be great.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
It's really all about the hype, outside of speculation about the Bryan injury every bit of hype in the pro wrestling business is with ROH right now. They have all these guys wanting to join their promotion, including TNA's biggest draws, they have this deal with New Japan putting on dream matches for even non-indy watchers and both shows delivered, they have the PPV deal coming up (amazing how that's seen as such a positive for ROH while it's a dead medium for the other two promotions), there's a whole lot to get excited for with ROH, while TNA seems at their most lifeless, which is impressive for a company the vast majority of wrestling fans have wanted to die for years.

It'll really be interesting to see Slammiversary on June 15 compete with Best in the World on June 22. Guess we won't know the buyrates, but if when ROH kicks TNA's ass on PPV with the same talent TNA threw away, then that can only be good news for us wrestling fans. It'll be fun to see a "war" for the #2 promotion in North America.

Reactions: Leo C