ROH in negotiation with Marvel Comics

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Members of Ring of Honor management were in New York City today, meeting with Marvel Comics regarding ways the companies can work together on future potential projects, PWInsider.com has confirmed.
The nature of the projects is currently unknown.

Marvel published a WCW comic book in the early 1990s and have featured wrestling related stories from time to time, dating back to the first appearance of Spider-Man back in Amazing Fantasy #15 in 1962, where Peter Parker dabbled in wrestling en route to learning that "With great power comes great responsibility."

Source: PWinsider

If something actually comes of this it could end up being pretty big for ROH. Daniels and Kaz are probably wetting themselves at the thought.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Nice! I've seen WWE comics too. Don't think they were Marvel though.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Stopspot said:
dating back to the first appearance of Spider-Man back in Amazing Fantasy #15 in 1962, where Peter Parker dabbled in wrestling en route to learning that "With great power comes great responsibility."
Makes me think of Randy Savage in the first movie. Such a great scene.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Good deal. I know Kaz and Daniels did an appearance and signing at Challengers Comics in Chicago a little while back and seems like I remember something then about them having some kind of project going on. Would be fantastic if this works out so ROH can become attached to a big name like Marvel and help get further interest in their promotion. Hell, just getting the name out there more would be wonderful.

Mick Foley has a WWE comic going now, and some fairly big name wrestlers participated in contributing various material to an independently published comic called Headlocked, which is a comic about wrestling. Not to mention Uncanny X-Force (a Marvel comic) from a few months ago where CM Punk was mentioned. It's a good time for ROH and Marvel to get this project going, in my opinion. I look forward to seeing what comes of it.

ETA: Those who participated with contributions to the independent comic include Ken Anderson, Sinn Bodhi, Christopher Daniels, Shane "Hurricane" Helms, Beth Phoenix, RVD and Jerry Lawler.

Last edited:

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Well, not sure what they could do together but if this brings more fans to Ring of Honor, great.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Good deal. I know Kaz and Daniels did an appearance and signing at Challengers Comics in Chicago a little while back and seems like I remember something then about them having some kind of project going on.

Kaz and Daniels write a comic book with a Marvel/DC artist if I have it all right, releasing it independently/through a smaller publisher

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Kaz and Daniels write a comic book with a Marvel/DC artist if I have it all right, releasing it independently/through a smaller publisher

That's right; I was thinking it was Daniels and Kaz at the signing, but it was Daniels and Baltazar, who works for DC.

CHRISTOPHER DANIELS
& ART BALTAZAR SIGNING
Wed APR 23, 5:00pm - 7:00pm

Two Titanic Titans of Talents Together! Just like peanut butter and chocolate, comics and pro-wrestling go together hand-in-hand, so "Fallen Angel" CHRISTOPHER DANIELS & "Aw Yeah Man" ART BALTAZAR will be @ Challengers to sign their brand new comic, "Christopher Daniels And Kazarian Wrestling Aw Yeah Comics!" Appletinis optional.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I heard moons ago that Vince McMahon's perception of wrestling comes from a love of comic books.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Sounds like a good deal for ROH...

By the way if you guys want the WCW, WWE, Undertaker, current Foley WWE, or Kaz and Daniels' comic hit me up.. I have them all in digital form =)

Reactions: GrammarNazi82

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler