ROH Fires Injured Champion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Its been a interesting week in the world of wrestling, and it seems it isnt over yet, the ROH Womens Champion Kelly Klein has seemingly been fired from Ring Of Honor, why would they do this you ask? why is this headline worthy? well, let me explain the details, in what is a really sick and twisted move by RIng of Honor.

So where to begin, perhaps with Kelly Kleins concussion. I was unable to find when and where it happened, but Kelly is dealing with Post Concussion Syndrome. Which as im sure you can guess is bad, but for those who may not know. Post-concussion syndrome is a complex disorder in which various symptoms — such as headaches and dizziness — last for weeks and sometimes months after the injury that caused the concussion. Concussion is a mild traumatic brain injury that usually happens after a blow to the head.

Kelly and the other women of ROH are paid below a living wage, and she requested a raise to $24.000, no you arent reading that wrong, and if ROH accepted her request they would have to pay the other women that much, and again keep in mind thats a UPGRADE from what they normally make, but ROH denied her request.

As a result of her talking about her issues with ROH publicly, her husband BJ Whitmer confirmed on twitter that she was indeed fired by "COO Joe Koff, via email Tuesday evening."

Ring of Honor released a official statement, saying “We don’t generally discuss personal issues but they seem to have made it public – we didn’t fire Kelly Klein, we just notified her that we would not be renewing her contract."

Its important to note she is their Womens champion, and they are choosing not to renew her contract, simply because she asked for a raise, and thus all the women a raise to $24.000 just so they can be paid a living wage. They were not happy that she made it public that she wasnt happy with ROH and she tried to make things better, and thus its come to this.

At the very least she is being taken care of as far as her Post Concussion Syndrome is concerned, she said on twitter. "Thank you for asking. I am working with an amazing team of medical professionals to heal properly. Though symptoms are improving, they are still present. I will keep listening to my PT and neurologist. And I will keep you guys updated periodically."

So what are your thoughts on all this? as always leave your thoughts below!

Scources - Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful + Kellys husband BJ Whitmer, aswell as other sites.

• Wow
Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
So what are your thoughts on all this? as always leave your thoughts below!
This seems like an incredibly poor move on ROH's part...
BUT...
More information may come to light at a later date so until
then I'll save my "full" opinion for now.

I do hope Kelly makes a full recovery.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Yeah, it gets pretty bad dude. I mean, obviously this is only one side of the story, but the amount of evidence of various things that he provides...
I was mainly talking about how much there is to read and how it still seems like a bunch of piled of mess with no direction, but from what I have gathered it is pretty bad

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
I was mainly talking about how much there is to read and how it still seems like a bunch of piled of mess with no direction, but from what I have gathered it is pretty bad
Oh, well that's fair then. Joey Mercury has been through some shit in his life lol, he may not be the easiest person to read. But yeah, the reason why there's so much to read is because between his and her Twitter account, they've been providing evidence after evidence (don't know if I used that properly, but eh, don't care too much either). Like, there's very little from either side that makes the heads of ROH look even remotely good, and it seems like everything they say or do is another shot in their own feet.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Oh, well that's fair then. Joey Mercury has been through some shit in his life lol, he may not be the easiest person to read. But yeah, the reason why there's so much to read is because between his and her Twitter account, they've been providing evidence after evidence (don't know if I used that properly, but eh, don't care too much either). Like, there's very little from either side that makes the heads of ROH look even remotely good, and it seems like everything they say or do is another shot in their own feet.
Ah, gotcha, and thanks.

Apoho Creed

Mon ami
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Damn that horrible no matter how you feel about Klein as a talent you feel for her having go through this bs. Now she knew what could of happened bringing out his personal life and business life for others to know, but still ROH should of met in the middle with her. One thing I see from this possibly and other talent especially on the ladies side thinking twice on staying with ROH, and why would want to stay with them and not fear what could of happened to Kelly not happen to you eventually?

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
The whole thing as I really can't make heads or tails out of what you wrote.
Perhaps thats my bad lol. Let me sum it up.

Kelly Klein, the ROH Womens Champion, while injured wasnt happy with ROH, and made it public they she wanted to make the place better, she requested a raise, and since ROH pays all their women the same amount, they would have to pay them all the raise she requested, $24.000, ROH said no and told her they arent gonna renew her contract.

Thats the best i can do in terms of explaining it in a simpler way

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Perhaps thats my bad lol. Let me sum it up.

Kelly Klein, the ROH Womens Champion, while injured wasnt happy with ROH, and made it public they she wanted to make the place better, she requested a raise, and since ROH pays all their women the same amount, they would have to pay them all the raise she requested, $24.000, ROH said no and told her they arent gonna renew her contract.

Thats the best i can do in terms of explaining it in a simpler way
Thank you, and I gotcha now. Yeah, I will say that is pretty shitty.