ROH Best In The World 2017 Reaction

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

trumanblack

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
So, I've finally gave up on Smackdown and Raw after 11 years and now putting my full attention on ROH and NXT. Now I've never watched ROH before and though what better way you begin at the most recent PPV Best In The World. Now just letting you know I've not finished the PPV yet but going to write down a small thought on the matches as I go through, they will be updated when I finish a match.

The Kingdom (Matt Taven and Vinny Marseglia) vs. Team CMLL (Ultimo Guerrero and El Terrible)

Opinion: I thought this match was a nice start to the show and enjoyed watching this, I thought that El Terrible is a somewhat copy of Broken Matt but that's my first impression.

Rating: 5/10

Frankie Kazarian vs. Adam ‘Hangman’ Page (Strap Match)

Opinion: I thought this match was an average match that didn't really get my eye, although I do really like Adam 'Hangman' Page and will be looking forward to more matches from him.

Rating: 5/10

Search and Destroy (Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, Jay White and Jonathan Gresham) vs. The Rebellion (Caprice Coleman, Kenny King, Rhett Titus and Shane Taylor)

Opinion: I thought that this match was very messy, there were a few botches and too many things was going on at once.

Rating: 3.5/10

Jay Lethal vs. Silas Young

Opinion: This match isn't really getting my attention, I've been focusing more on my phone really, I think this is going to be the weakest match in the card. We will see. UPDATE: After a few minutes in the match then began to be interesting and turned out to be a nice match

Rating: 5.5/10

Bully Ray and the Briscoes (Mark Briscoe and Jay Briscoe) vs. Dalton Castle and the Boys

Opinion: Loved this match, there wasn't much wrestling involved but the entertainment out of that was great and I love Dalton Castle.

Rating: 5/10 but 10/10 for entertainment

KUSHIDA (c) vs. Marty Scurll (ROH Television Championship)

Opinion: I liked the match and kept the flow going, I really like Marty Scurll, sadly he didn't win.

Rating: 6.5/10

The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson and Nick Jackson) (c) vs. WAR MACHINE (Hanson and Raymond Rowe) vs. Best Friends (Chuckie T and Beretta)
(ROH Tag Team Championships)

Opinion: AMAZING MATCH. I enjoyed it so much and love the chant "SUPERKICK". WAR MACHINE were able to keep up with The Young Bucks and Best Friends. A great match and I'm in love with The Young Bucks

Rating: 8/10

Christopher Daniels (c) vs. Cody (Rhodes) (ROH World Championship)

Opinion: A great match to finish off the PPV. Glad to see Cody get some attention that he deserved, sadly WWE couldn't give him that. Well done Cody

Rating: 7.5

Last edited:

trumanblack

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
The Pay Per View was an good one, 2 great matches and one great moment for Cody. I am definitely watching ROH.

ROH Best In The World 2017 Rating: 7.5/10

trumanblack

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I'm glad another member has realized ROH, it has its ups and downs but can for sure put on a show. Welcome to the family!