Roderick Strong talks signing with AEW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
04-mjf-promo_2023_08_09_-aew_dynamite_0017.webp

Roderick Strong commented on his decision to sign with AEW during a recent appearance on the AEW Unrestricted podcast.

The 40-year-old had been with WWE from 2016 until his contract ran out late last year. Strong debuted for AEW in April, coming to Adam Cole's rescue as he was being attacked by the Jericho Appreciation Society.

"In August of last year, I got injured and I was out for some time. When it was getting closer to the end of the year, my contract actually expired from WWE," he said.

Strong says there were discussions with WWE & AEW but ultimately, he wanted to be with his wife and friends in AEW.

"It just felt like it was inevitable and I was just kind of walking through parts of the process just to do it when I really wanted to be with my buddies and with my wife," Strong continued.

Prior to signing with WWE, Strong spent 13 years with ROH, becoming just the second wrestler to win the promotion's triple crown.

"AEW, it reminds me so much of what I loved about Ring of Honor. The collective, everybody wants it to be better. You hear whatever but since I've been there, I really get that feeling of 'How can we make this better?' And it's coming from everybody, for the most part, and it's very motivating."

Strong hasn't wrestled since losing an Owen Hart tournament match to Samoa Joe on the 6/29 Collision. Joe attacked Strong after the match causing him to be stretchered to the back. He has factored into the ongoing storyline with MJF and Cole of late, warning his former Undisputed Era teammate that MJF can't be trusted.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
That shock of his debut, is probably one of my favorite things from this year. Like to not even know he was available like that, and then he just debuts for the save, wild as fuck. I miss that being common.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
"AEW, it reminds me so much of what I loved about Ring of Honor. The collective, everybody wants it to be better. You hear whatever but since I've been there, I really get that feeling of 'How can we make this better?' And it's coming from everybody, for the most part, and it's very motivating."
Reading that and seeing how he's being portrayed on TV makes me think of Django with that slave girl.