Rock/Cena to potentially be a series of three matches?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

rhetts jetski

Reaction score
As everyone knows by now, The Rock will be returning to WWE at the Survivor Series pay-per-view. According to sources, he won’t be wrestling at the event. As of now, he's expected to deliver a promo and get physically involved with John Cena.

The build to WrestleMania 28 will be in full effect after Survivor Series and The Rock will likely appear at the Royal Rumble and Elimination Chamber pay-per-views.

There has been talk of doing a best-of-three series between The Rock and John Cena to solve the problem of who wins the WrestleMania main event. It’s talk right now but if it happens, Rock and Cena would wrestle at WrestleMania, the following pay-per-view and then a third time at SummerSlam 2012.

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

I for one absolutely hope this doesn't happen. Rock/Cena is being built as special and a one time only thing, regardless of who wins. Rock/Hogan II wasn't the same and I doubt Cena/Rock II (or III for that matter) would be. I mean I'm all for Rock sticking around, but just not this way.

Onyx

Reaction score
To be honest, I think that with the proper build-up to The Rock's and Cena's match at WrestlieMania 28, could be a positive thing. But we all have our opinions on this matter :)

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I also hope they don't go through with this. And why the hell would Summerslam be the final showdown as opposed to Wrestlemania?

Onyx

Reaction score
I also hope they don't go through with this. And why the hell would Summerslam be the final showdown as opposed to Wrestlemania?

Because WWE Creative team is still bloody mental.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Besides PPV buys I do not see the point in doing this. Just needs to be one match at mania so it can remain special. Also as said would like to see him face other guys he has yet to face or possibly one more match with HHH at Summerslam.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
This feud is being brought up as huge and with all the steam that this will have still after Wrestlemania it would be a no brainer to continue it.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Because SummerSlam is in Los Angeles annually, has tons of media outlets, and GI Joe will be coming out then which is important because of Rocks role in the movie and Cena's work with the troops.

Personally Screw the idea of Rock wasting matches on anyone not named Cena, HHH, Taker, Austin, Michaels, Foley, Miz, or Rey. Punk too and I never thought I'd say that.

For the love of god I'd hate to see him saddled with Orton

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I don't know ever since Wrestlemania XX I have wanted to see an Orton/Rock match.

LLCoolJoel

Reaction score
What annoys me is that instead of using the Rocks star power for pushing the younger less established wrestlers. They decide that one of the most dominating wrestling in the past 10 years needs the extra push of being set up with The Rock.

:wank:

AF.

Reaction score
Rock/Cena WrestleMania
Rock/Orton Extreme Rules
Rock/CM Punk SummerSlam

This is how it should go.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
WWE officials are reportedly trying very hard to get The Rock to wrestle at the Survivor Series pay-per-view.

The original idea was for him to appear and do an angle but not wrestle until the match with John Cena at WrestleMania 28 but now they want him to wrestle in November. As noted before, there has also been discussion of doing a best of 3 series between the two.

Whether or not The Rock should wrestle or not at Survivor Series was a controversial topic of discussion within WWE this past week.
Thought I'd put this piece in here. I wouldn't be against having a couple of matches here and there when he can, but under the premise that he and Cena don't get into it with each other. Think it would be great if they got him in the Rumble too.