Ric Flair says he'll be at Royal Rumble, Raw 30th Anniversary

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
mtkxndk1nte0njcwmjq1ntm5.jpg

Ric Flair will be returning to WWE for two shows in January.

Flair noted on his To Be The Man podcast that he is scheduled to be part of the WWE Raw 30th Anniversary show in Philadelphia on Monday, January 23, 2023. He also revealed that he will be at the Royal Rumble five days later in San Antonio.

"I'm going to be there," Flair said about the Royal Rumble.

"They didn't say don't tell anybody," he continued after Conrad Thompson suggested he might not be permitted to release this news.

Flair also addressed being invited to the Raw 30th Anniversary show.

"I have been invited and it's a f--king big deal," Flair said. "And for all the people out there who go why? Because it's Raw and it's a big f--king deal. Hell yeah, are you kidding me? 30 years, you think about that. Remember when Nitro was just going to destroy Raw?"

"For me, [I'll] be getting in there Sunday night, I'll be looking for [Steve] Austin, Undertaker, John Cone, anybody in sight for a cold beverage, and I'll be buying."

Apoho Creed

Mon ami
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah I was watching it on Youtube mainly because I wanted to hear his thoughts on the Starrcade bout he had with Ronnie Garvin for the World Title. I was like okay for him showing up for the 30th Anniversary of Raw alot of stars on there wondering what WWE has planned for all of them.

Last edited:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Flair gonna win the Rumble and have one last match in the main event of WrestleMania against Roman

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Flair gonna win the Rumble and have one last match in the main event of WrestleMania against Roman
Flair did say he always wanted to die in the ring

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Hopefully he won’t lose consciousness in the match.

#Waddles

- Retired Vet -
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Flair also addressed being invited to the Raw 30th Anniversary show.
I still don't understand why it's on the 23rd instead of the 16th.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Ric Flair has clarified what he'll be doing in San Antonio for the Royal Rumble, as well as his thoughts on Eric Bischoff, Andrade, and Sami Zayn in the Bloodline.

Flair addressed these topics and more during an episode of To Be The Man released on Wednesday.

Speaking on the topic of his son-in-law Andrade, Flair said he doesn't feel AEW has used him right.

"I like the stuff with Matt Hardy but I don't think they use him properly, myself. I'm going to be, obviously, biased. I think he is a much better singles performer than he is in a tag match," Flair said.

Flair continued to comment on Andrade recently revealing he suffered a torn pectoral muscle.

"It's to be determined, I don't know. I know it was a bad tear, so he's going to be out awhile with it," he said.

The 16-time World Champion also addressed the men's WarGames match and stated he's not a fan of Sami Zayn in the Bloodline because he feels the character is too comedic.

"Looking at Roman and what Bloodline is and how they conduct themselves, I found him bringing way too much comedy to it. But apparently, it's worked, so maybe that's me being old school."

"I didn't like it because I thought the kid's comical, his character's comical," Flair continued to say of Zayn.

Flair also stated that he would like to see Tony Khan start his own Hall of Fame someday.

"I wish Tony would start a Hall of Fame, that would create a lot of interest and do it based on people who he thinks were good in the history of the business not just guys from AEW the last three years. That would actually draw a lot of attention if he had his own Hall of Fame," Flair said.

Flair also clarified earlier comments he made on last week's show about being invited to the Royal Rumble. He noted that he will not be in the Rumble match or participating in the show itself but rather will be in San Antonio signing autographs on the day of the Rumble.

"I have not been invited to the Rumble. I'm going to San Antonio to sign autographs separately," he said.

As the conversation turned to Hulk Hogan, Flair said that he always had a good relationship with him. He would continue to say that this is unlike the relationship he had with Eric Bischoff.

"Everybody wants to think there was animosity between me and Hulk. Hulk didn't sign my cheques, Eric did. Eric f--ked me every time he turned around. When you see my documentary, he's still a prick in it. Oh, he's still a prick, he's an arrogant prick."