Ric Flair Peacock documentary to air December 26th

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
woo.jpg

A new documentary on Ric Flair’s life and career will air on Peacock later this month.

Flair announced on social media Monday afternoon that a two-hour documentary titled “Woooo! Becoming Ric Flair” will air on Peacock the day after Christmas, December 26.

Those interviewed for the documentary, according to the press release, include Hulk Hogan, Mike Tyson, Post Malone, Steven A. Smith, and Charlotte Flair.

“Many stories have been told about The Nature Boy over the past 50 years,” said Flair in the press release, “I’m thrilled to have partnered with WWE and Peacock to produce the most accurate depiction of my life to date and hope audiences enjoy the ride. Woooo!”

“Very few people have professional careers as storied as Ric Flair,” Rod Aissa, EVP of Unscripted Content for NBCUniversal said in the release. “We can’t wait to give Peacock audiences this revealing, in-depth and often raw look into the life of one of sports and wrestling’s most controversial icons.”

This would be Flair and WWE’s first project together since his departure from WWE in the summer of 2021. Since then, Flair wrestled what was billed as his final match in July, teaming with Andrade el Idolo to defeat Jay Lethal and Jeff Jarrett.

Wiseman

O.J.A.S.
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
eddiekingston
Favorite Wrestler
coltcabana
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I mean, there hasn't been much to talk about when it comes to Ric since the DVD back in the day? Guess I can't remember if that DVD set was released before or after his WWE retirement match.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
All I know about this one is Flair has been hyping it up saying it was better than the ESPN 30 for 30

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
They better start off with a “Woooo” or Flair will be upset

• Haha
Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Apoho Creed

Mon ami
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Charlotte's Comments towards her Dad I'm going to look forward to that one.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWE and Peacock's "Woooooo! Becoming Ric Flair" documentary is in the running for a Sports Emmy Award.

The Flair documentary is one of five nominees in the Outstanding Long Documentary category at the 44th Annual Sports Emmy Awards. The full list of nominees was revealed on Tuesday.

"After Jackie" from the History Channel, "Citizen Ashe" from CNN, "NYC Point Gods" from Showtime, and "The Redeem Team" from Netflix are the four other documentaries nominated in the category.

WWE touted that this is the first time in company history that they have been nominated for a Sports Emmy.

The Flair documentary premiered on Peacock in December 2022. The synopsis for it can be seen below:

16-time World Champion and 2-time WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair is one of the most prolific and controversial superstars in professional wrestling history. Flair is a true American icon: from his famous 'Woooo' that is still heard in stadiums and arenas throughout the US, to his influence on hip hop music. At 73 years-old Flair remains a constant in American pop culture, but who is the real man behind the outrageous persona? Finally, Flair reveals all, opening up about his storied career, inside and outside of the ring, over the last 50 years. Hulk Hogan, Mike Tyson, Post Malone, Stephen A. Smith, and Charlotte Flair are among those who join Flair in telling the tale of the man behind 'The Man.'

Flair tweeted today: "Wow, It’s Such An Honor To Receive This @sportsemmys Nomination For Best Long Documentary! Thank You @WWE For The Opportunity To Share My Life With The World Through Woooooo! Becoming Ric Flair!"

The Sports Emmy Awards ceremony is taking place in New York City on Monday, May 22. They're separate from the Primetime Emmy Awards, which are traditionally held in September.

• Wow
Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
God if this wins, we won't hear the end of it from him.

• Haha
Reactions: Chris

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I already saw his 30 for 30.

Treating this like the Teddy Hart doc an skipping.