Ric Flair Admits He Was Uncomfortable With Lacey Evans Storyline

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
As a special guest on the Ariel Helwani MMA Show, Ric Flair discussed his recent storyline with Lacey Evans involving his daughter, Charlotte. Flair was inserted into the story to aid Evans against Charlotte leading up to WrestleMania this year. Plans changed after Evans legitimately got pregnant. Flair admitted not feeling comfortable about the storyline, but said ultimately he did what he was told because Vince McMahon was sold that it would get Evans over.

“In this instance, I didn’t [feel comfortable],” Flair admitted. “The one thing I’ve learned is you’re not going to win a war when someone’s got their mind made up. She most definitely didn’t like it, but the one thing that I can say about me is I always said yes. I didn’t want to be that guy that was always going ‘Oh, that isn’t perfect for me.’

“When that was all over, I was mad but now I just look back and say it wasn’t it. This was something that when I got to TV, Mr. McMahon wasn’t there to argue the point with and he had stuff going on, I don’t like to put the pressure on someone if I can’t talk to him. He just made up his mind, I think a lot of it was because [Lacey] was a marine. God only knows we cannot give enough back to the people that serve in the military and I think he wanted her to be successful and the way to get successful sometimes is to take two people that are doing really well and give them the rub.”

WWE briefly hinted at Flair being the father of Evans’ baby, however the storyline was quickly dropped. The two-time WWE Hall of Famer wished Evans nothing but the best, but noted that the story just didn’t work. Flair mentioned that even at age 72, McMahon still views him how he did back in the ’80s and ’90s.

“She’s a really nice girl and all that, but it didn’t fit this time,” Flair said. “We made the best of it but ultimately, she’s pregnant with her husband now. It was never anything personal, I barely know her and her whole life is her husband and her daughter. I didn’t like that one, to him I’m always going to be the ‘kiss stealin’, wheelin’ dealin’, yanno what I mean? Which is great because he likes that.

“Even though he hated it when I used to say it, he used to say ‘80’s heels don’t draw!’ I’m on the dark match [one night and I complained and he said], ‘I don’t care, you lead by example around here, these people look up to you.’ You’re not going to win the argument because he’s smarter and he’s the boss. He may be the smartest guy I ever met. He never stops being the best.”
Source: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2...was-uncomfortable-with-lacey-evans-storyline/

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
So like when Lacey was `100% pregnant and not able to wrestle anymore and they STILL went with the tease of Flair being the dad....what was the plan there exactly?

• Haha
Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
So like when Lacey was `100% pregnant and not able to wrestle anymore and they STILL went with the tease of Flair being the dad....what was the plan there exactly?
That would have been really messy if they continued that. Lacey getting pregnant for real saved her career and his legacy.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Get people talking? :draper2

Now I'll never get that Al Wilson pay off with Ric Flair having a wedding and eventually "dying". :tenay

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Get people talking? :draper2

Now I'll never get that Al Wilson pay off with Ric Flair having a wedding and eventually "dying". :tenay

It did succeed in that lol I just wonder if the plan was to mention it one week and never mention it again just to get people talking that one week or if they realized it wasn't a viable angle to run and dropped it :lol

And if it's the second scenario then I wanna know what the plans were :cudi

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
It's the anonymous Raw GM payoff....something wacky and never brought up again until it's time to make fun of it.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
It was dumb as fuck from the start. They could find better ways of getting wrestlers over than to insert them in to these kinds of stupid storylines, like, how would that shit get her over? It was complete cringe.