Rey on SD...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

Do you think he'll be used to try to revive the midcard division, or to be a full time main eventer? As it stands, he holds the Intercontinental Championship, so that would lead towards the midcard, but potential feuds with the likes of Jericho, Umaga, Edge, and possibly Undertaker lead towards him being used as a main eventer. Which role do you see him being more used in, and what do you think if the right role for him?

davidian13

Reaction score
I see rey being used in the same capacity as he was before he left to Raw. He'll be in the middle. He'll be used to feud with the top main event players like Jericho and Edge when its needed but he'll also be there to have some good long matches with the midcarders i.e. Morrison, Benjamin, etc which will hopefully help get them over. Reys definitely best when hes used in both aspects. Plus having him as intercontinental champion gives the title a little bit more credibility and having him as a fighting champion will only add to that.

CT Styles

I just want the Intercontinental Championship to mean something. The WWE's really fucked up with every title other than the two World Championships. Have him keep it for a while and have some meaningful feuds.

mancilla 86

Reaction score
wwe just signed a new wrestler with a mask gimmick possibly a lucha wrestler..so i see him coming after rey! this should be a good feud

Airfixx

I think we'll eventually see Rey challenge for a world title on the odd occasin, but can't see him winning one again....

Let's hope this IC reign runs for a while... Rey's a PPV regular so he could be the ticket to getting the belt back on PPV again too.

Seeing as we just saw Dolph Ziggler pin MVP, I can half imagine Ziggler claiming a title shot (seeing as he's not on the same brand as MVP) and Ziggler jobbing as Rey's first challenger, before moving on to the likes of Shelton & Morrison.... If booked well, it should be a good reign.

The Rated R CMStar

wwe just signed a new wrestler with a mask gimmick possibly a lucha wrestler..so i see him coming after rey! this should be a good feud

Fuck that, Sicodelico Jr. doesn't deserve to be in the same ring of Rey Mysterio

DerrickNorth

Reaction score
Rey's probably going to be used to get midcarders prepared for the next stage of their career. Beating Rey would solidify Benjamin, it would prove Morrison is ready for a higher stage, and it would continue the role Dolph Ziggler is on.
Rey will be in the world title mix on occasion, so in no way do I see him as just a mid card act. A feud with Edge just has too many possibilities to simply ignore.

chessarmy

Rey should main event simply because Smackdown! is lacking in babyface main eventers. Of course, I'm completely ignoring the fact that we'll probably see Batista, Triple H, and John Cena on Smackdown! every week anyway

Airfixx

^^^Taker, Jeff H & Punk all say "hi"!

DerrickNorth said:
Beating Rey would solidify Benjamin"

Nah, Shelton beat HHH a couple of times, beating Rey isn't gonna do a great deal for him. Besides there's nothing there to solidify... Shelton's going nowhere higher without a personality by-pass and god-like booking.

IMO the one to watch for will be Rey v Morrison. If Rey eventually drops the IC title to the former Mr Nitro and goes on to have a few ME matches with the likes of Edge, Jericho & Punk in some capacity then I'll be a happy man.

noumenon

Mysterio was put back on Smackdown to further the hispanic audience over there once again. I honestly see him being a long term IC champion, or at least winning it back and forth a few times. He'd be a decent guy to use as a mid card stepping stone over on Smackdown right now as he is considerably higher on the card than most over there anyway. I'm sure we may see him pop into the main event at least once over the next year or so. As to whether or not we'll see him hold a world title again...that's questionable.