Rey Mysterio Advertised for WM28

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
InDemand has released the following description for WrestleMania 28. At this time, the description lists former World Champion Rey Mysterio as appearing on the show. Mysterio has been out for months recovering from knee surgery, but has hinted that he would like to be back for the event. Here is the official preview for the show:

“Witness the once in a lifetime collision of The Rock and John Cena as they face off on the grandest stage of them all. Welcome to WrestleMania, the most anticipated event in WWE history! Don’t miss Undertaker, Triple H, Kane, Rey Mysterio, C.M. Punk and all your favorite WWE Superstars at WrestleMania, Sunday, April 1 at 7:00 p.m. EST/4:00 p.m. PST, live on Pay-Per-View.â€￾

This doesn't mean that he will be wrestling buy WWE had previously suggested that at WM28 they will aim to break the World record for most masks worn at once. The original plan was Mysterio vs. Sin Cara on the show but the next best option, since both are injured, is to simply have Mysterio appear in the arena to get everyone to put their masks on.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Rey will be on Team Teddy imo. Rey is like 1/4 guys who embodied Teddy's SD brand in the past decade (Edge, Dave, Taker). A tag match gets him on the card, limits his work, lets them sell more merch and the ppv to mexico, and honestly it gives Teddy's team a strong leader.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I just don't know if he will be fit and healthy by then. If he is then it is smart to put him in a multi-man match so that he only has to do a few minutes of work on the show. As you said he has been a Smackdown mainstay so it would be good to have him on Teddy's team especially since the only really obvious pick for that team at the moment is Santino.

rcoot93

Reaction score
I see him being on Teddys team as it means his performance wont hurt the match if he isn't fit

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Could still do Rey vs. Kane. IMO they blew that idea early on should have kept bizzaro sin cara in a mask until mania then you have at least three guys with mask then also kane. But whatever as far as Rey coming back I really don't invest anything in him anymore as soon as I would he'd be injured.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
All they have to do is give Rey the hot tag at the end of the match and let him squash every thing in sight with his signatures and the 619. It wouldn't be the first time he squashed someone there, and it would get the fans pumped and happy which has always been the point of mania more or less

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Could still do Rey vs. Kane. IMO they blew that idea early on should have kept bizzaro sin cara in a mask until mania then you have at least three guys with mask then also kane. But whatever as far as Rey coming back I really don't invest anything in him anymore as soon as I would he'd be injured.

Not sure how they can book that in the next month. Would have to get Rey back on tv right away to get the build going. Would be disappointing for me since Kane would be booked to lose that match and it would ruin his gimmick.

Would be funny if they send Kane out first for everyone to put their masks on to embrace the hate. Then they can bring out Mysterio to do it instead.

Smartmark

The opposite of everyone you have ever known
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mickiejames2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
They better not put Kane Vs Rey on WM, as they've feuded many times before and it's boring as hell. And Rey would won, as he is undefeated at WM

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Rey is far from undefeated at Mania.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
They better not put Kane Vs Rey on WM, as they've feuded many times before and it's boring as hell. And Rey would won, as he is undefeated at WM

he lost to Matt Hardy @ WM 19
he lost to Chavo Guerrero @ WM20
he was not on WM 23 OR 24 I don't think
And he lost to Cody at last years WM

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Yeah Rey just won the World and IC titles at mania, but him and his superhero themed outfits there have a bad record

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I'm sort of a fan of Rey and have been since SmackDown, he may not be one of my favorite wrestlers but I still like the guy. He is always entertaining and has a great career, would be good to see him on the WM28 card and see one of his awesome attires. He's also a big merch seller for WWE with kids.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I don't see him being able to wrestle at Wrestlemania. He may just come out for a special appearance just to update fans on how he's doing. Someone will then probably get in his face and he'll end up giving whomever the 619.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I could easily see him being in a tag match only to get the hot tag for the win or something.

Deuce

Reaction score
I wonder if he had a match, who it would be against? I actually miss Mysterio, I'm not a huge fan of him but I can't wait to see him return from his injury.