Respawn Entertainment making three new Star Wars games

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
uHdqbfbgVmthD6BfAq774A8H.png

Respawn, the studio behind games like Apex Legends and Titanfall, is making a big push into the Star Wars universe. The developer announced that it’s working on three new Star Wars titles, including a sequel to 2019 action-adventure game Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.

The studio will also be making a currently untitled Star Wars first-person shooter and is partnering with Bit Reactor — a recently announced team founded by former developers from XCOM studio Firaxis Games — on a strategy game. “We are huge fans of Star Wars here at Respawn and we’re thrilled to work with Lucasfilm Games on new titles that we have wanted to make for years,” Respawn founder Vince Zampella said in a statement.

Other than that, there are few details on any of the games, including any information on when they may release or on what platforms. But the announcements come as LucasFilm has been opening up and working with notable developers on upcoming licensed games. Ubisoft and Quantic Dream are both making Star Wars titles, while Bethesda has an Indiana Jones game in the works.

Reactions: Chris

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Consider me hyped. Respawn are good devs.

Jedi Fallen Order was pretty good, and I'm interested to hear more about these. Especially the FPS Star Wars game. Apex Legends is quite smooth.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Hasn't been q good star wars fps since Jedi knight so.thars hype as well

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Hasn't been q good star wars fps since Jedi knight so.thars hype as well

I'm enjoying Battlefront 2 at the moment, but it's not as good as the classic game. They didn't really do as much with the story mode as they could have done either, but the multiplayer is better than the first game they brought out. I think Respawn will do right by the series. Titanfall 2 is one of my favourite FPS campaigns, the story was pretty damn good. I also think their combat is always really fluid.

DICE seems to be taking a step back from Battlefront series, so I'm down for Respawn to go all in with their FPS game.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
All I know is it's pretty good if you're a fan of Star Wars at the moment. Multiple games in development, a more narrative based one from Quantic Dream. Should be plenty for people to look forward too.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
I'm enjoying Battlefront 2 at the moment, but it's not as good as the classic game. They didn't really do as much with the story mode as they could have done either, but the multiplayer is better than the first game they brought out. I think Respawn will do right by the series.
You should see how the game launched. It was Microtransactions-heavy. Like... it was in front of your face the whole time.

Titanfall 2 is one of my favourite FPS campaigns, the story was pretty damn good. I also think their combat is always really fluid.
I agree. It was BEAUTIFUL. TitanFall 2 was the first TitanFall purchase or playthrough i did in the franchise. That story mode? A kiss of beauty. That portal thing towards the end was FANTASTIC. I'm like... "WTF just happened!?"
DICE seems to be taking a step back from Battlefront series, so I'm down for Respawn to go all in with their FPS game.
I was just about to buy BF2042, until I saw the reception. Glad I did so. I was hoping for a good game. I wasn't even interested in portal. I would rather the full game. But it was lacking.