Report: UFC 130 Draws Around 300K PPV Buys

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
ufc_130_poster_2_large.jpg
Dave Meltzer is reporting in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter (subscription required) that UFC 130 looks to have drawn in the range of 300,000-325,000 pay-per-view buys for the show headlined by a light-heavyweight bout between Quinton Jackson and Matt Hamill and a heavyweight tilt between Frank Mir and Roy Nelson.

Meltzer is basing this estimate on trending patterns along with reports from cable providers.

The strongest markets for UFC 130 look to have been Las Vegas, Calgary, Toronto, Phoenix, Los Angeles, Melbourne, Sydney, Edmonton, Halifax, Winnipeg, Vancouver, Ottawa, Montreal (interesting to note that market doing well for a non GSP fight),Honolulu, Sacramento, San Diego and Orlando.

It's interesting to note out of the 17 strongest markets, eight were Canadian cities and of all the American cities listed, only one (Orlando) was in the Eastern Time Zone.

UFC 130 is down around 700,000 buys from the show on the same weekend last year (UFC 114), which also was headlined by Jackson against rival Rashad Evans.

As of now, it appears UFC 131 is in line for a similar number. The two shows feel almost identical when it comes to promotion and hype the week of the show. As I wrote last month, the UFC is in for a rough summer on pay-per-view and this does nothing to make me think twice about that.