Promos ReNovate: The Mind

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
ReNovate
~The Mind~

Free Your Mind~

Time: Somewhere between October 22nd and November 6th

The world is hazy.

The streets, silent.

The city is a ghost town.

And only one person is visible.

Lying on the sidewalk in all white, her rainbow hair flowing to the ground, is Nova Taylor. Her hand twitches and slowly, she opens her eyes. Rather groggily, she sits up and looks around, trying to get a grasp of what the world is. Slowly, she gets to her feet and looks around at the city of nothing.

“How did I get here?” she says to herself. She turns around to see an old electronics store. The sign reads “Fantasy Electronics.” Rain begins to fall from the sky and Nova, needing cover, enters the store through its glass doors.

The inside is in disarray, with television screens on the wall loosely hanging with static, laptops are on the floor. Trash is everywhere and there is red paint on the wall, reading “Free Your Mind” and “Distort the world.” Nova Taylor walks around and looks at the store, even picking up one of the video games that fell on the floor from shelving in the back. It showcases two wrestlers, a male and a female, and it is spraypainted “Glitchy Mess” on it and the girl chucks it over her shoulder.

"This place is a mess! I know I can be a slob, but this is a whole new level." Nova has a disgusted look on her face. "Is there even anyone here-?"

Eventually, Nova notices a door slightly open in the back. The sign reads “Employees Only,” and a small light leaks out.

Taylor opens the door and steps inside to see a small room with a wall of television screens on purely white screens and a black armchair. The door shuts behind her suddenly and Nova tries to open it, but it is locked. She slowly heads to the chair and sits down, looking at the screens as they begin to play something.

Static appears before settling into an image of a baby’s crib. The child inside is crying and a woman walks over and picks the baby up. It is Keres who happily coos and calms down as the caretaker’s face is revealed to be… Nova?! The real Nova Taylor leans in, somewhat confused as the video plays, now with Slate and Eden joining her. The three of them smile as they look at Keres and Nova blinks while watching.

Eden turns to face Nova, seemingly looking through the screen and reality itself to gaze into her eyes.

“Your destiny is sealed; fate being realized. You are exactly where you belong. You are going to take great care of Keres one day.”

Stepping forward, Eden looks directly at Nova. “But, we need to reshape you. We need you to fully embrace what you are meant to be. Your ideal self will be found. As the Seamstress of Reality, I will happily weave you to perfection.” The image focuses on Eden’s face. “Are you ready?”

Slowly, Nova nods, a little apprehensive and Eden snaps her finger, the image on the screen cutting to static before a spiral appears, spinning around. Nova is focused on its swirl and its calming and mind-numbing effect. After a few moments, she slouched back in her chair and Eden’s voice speaks.

“Free your mind…”

Nova repeats. “Free my mind…”

“Distort the world…” Eden then says.

“Distort the world…”

Eden shouts. “Again!”

“Free my mind… Distort the world…”

“Again!”

“Free my mind...Distort the world…”

Nova repeats it a few times before she stops and the footage continues.

“You are my pretty little rainbow in my back pocket, always there when she’s needed. This makes you happy because you’re home, and what I say is your new reality.”

Slowly, Nova mutters. “I’m home…”

“But to be better suited for your role, we must rid you of weakness,” Eden says. “There is no more Rainbow Princess. You are not filled with colour. You will gladly drain your colours to be a blank slate. You are now in the state of nature, tabula rasa, the purest form of liberty. And you will be formed by your new world, understood?”

Nova nods as Eden continues.

“Now that we have that established, you will be there for Slate, myself, and Keres. We are your family now. A family, Torn happily. Whatever friends you make will be nice, after all, making friends is a very fun thing, but your loyalty will always be with your family, The Residence you live in. You are a Guardian Angel to us, a gentle protector to your Torn Family. Our Torn Angel…”

Continuing to nod, Nova is letting what Eden says stick.

“You will let me handle your reality. After all, it is too harsh for you. You instead will find comfort in fantasy, the make-believe. It is where you are safe. Safe from anyone who can hurt you. And you don’t want to leave there. That would be terrible. Anyone who wishes to take you from your dream state is no friend.”

“I wouldn’t want that…” Nova stares blankly at the screen.

“We will improve you.”

The screen flashes showing a rainbow.

“Make you better.”

Then of a crown.

“Happier.”

Following that is a dress.

“Comfortable…”

Then, finally, a rainbow flower.

“And more complete.”

The screen cuts to black.

“We will…”

One word appears on the screen, flashing repeatedly.

ReNovate

“Renovate. Say it with me.”

“ReNovate…”

"Again..."

"ReNovate!"

Nova mutters before they both start saying the word over and over. The video stops, but Nova keeps muttering the word over and over.

“ReNovate…

ReNovate…

ReNovate…

ReNovate…

ReNovate…

ReNovate…

ReNovate…”

Finally, the door is unlocked and someone walks in. Wearing a long purple dress, we know who it is, Eden. She walks over and gently puts her hand on Nova’s shoulder, before snapping her finger and Nova stops.

“Your mind is perfect now.” She smiles before gesturing for Nova to get up.

“Come on, dear, there is more work to be done.”

Nova Taylor gets up and follows Eden out of the room, her face completely expressionless as the scene becomes cloudy as it ends.

-To be continued-

@Jonny Nostradamus