Remembering the Lex Express

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

endyourif

Jobber
Reaction score
The Lex Express or should I say the Lex Milk Run

Leading into the summer of 1993, the WWF was looking for a new leader. Hulk Hogan had just retired/parted ways with the WWF. Somebody thought it would be a good idea to take Lex Luger with his blond hair and big muscles and turn him into the next Hulk Hogan.

The only problem was, Lex is no Hulk Hogan. For me personally, Lex was still “The Narcissist”. He had only made his wrestling debut that spring at Wrestlemania IX. The baby face turn just never worked for me.

I recently read Lex Luger’s book and he himself eluded to the fact that the WWF was really trying to push him and fans were not just buying into it. I know Lex made the best of it, but the WWF never found the right angle with Lex to make him a big star.

Jeremiah

The Artiste
Reaction score
I vaguely remember the gimmick, did he talk about, in his book, how the Lex Express broke down, and they left it on the side of the road?