Recommended Matches

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
The Great Sasuke has sat on the Iwate Prefecture Assembly, becoming the first masked legislator (he refused to take off his mask and reveal his face even when taking office).

That was pretty damn awesome :)

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Sasuke is one of wrestling's great mad men. He's a complete nutter and does insane shit at the age of 47. Heck just a few weeks ago I saw him dive out of the ring inside a wooden barrel donky kong style.

All hail
great-sasuke.jpg

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Ishii vs Shibata from last year's WK 10 was pretty dope. Check that out.

Stopspot

Reaction score
@RedDwarfTechy another name for you to look up. Shinjiro Otani. Arguably one of the best but at the same time unsung junior/cruiserweight wrestlers of all time.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
The Okada vs Tanahashi series is recommended viewing, and doesn't require you to go that far back in time. Try to watch them in chronological order so you can see how they grow and adapt to each other with time.

The shibata vs Ishii series is also good.

Also look up a fat guy named Shinya Hashimoto. Truly the greatest of asskickers and New Japan's top man in the 90s

Just watched the Okada vs Tanahashi match at WK10. For some reason I had a tough time finding the older matches, it had the promo video for them but not the match itself. Really liked it. Tanahashi was awesome and I found myself rooting for him but that ending was pretty cool.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Just watched the Okada vs Tanahashi match at WK10. For some reason I had a tough time finding the older matches, it had the promo video for them but not the match itself. Really liked it. Tanahashi was awesome and I found myself rooting for him but that ending was pretty cool.
Do the work to go back and watch their older matches. It makes the WK10 one much better. Their first match was on February 12 2012.

You can use sites like wikipedia or cagematch to track this type of stuff

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Do the work to go back and watch their older matches. It makes the WK10 one much better. Their first match was on February 12 2012.

You can use sites like wikipedia or cagematch to track this type of stuff

Will do, I can't seem to find japanese commentary on the search either. I always seem to get English commentary. Is there anything usually to show if its JP or EN?

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Tomohiro Ishii defending his NEVER Openweight Championship against Tomoaki Honma. Kushida vs. Kyle O'Reilly in the finals of the Best of the Super Juniors XXII. Naomichi Marufuji vs. Kazuchika Okada in the G1 Climax 26. While we're talking about Tanahashi vs. Okada they had a great match in the G1 Climax 26. Yoshi Hashi vs. Kenny Omega in Destruction in Hiroshima.

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
April 9, 1999 Atsushi Onita vs. Masahiro Chono in a no ropes exploding barbed wire match
August 29, 1999 The Great Muta vs. The Great Nita (Atsushi Onita) in a no ropes electrified barbed wire landmine double hell deathmatch
July 29, 2000 Atsushi Onita vs. Riki Choshu in a no ropes exploding barbed wire match

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Hiromu Takahashi vs. Dragon Lee for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship in New Beginning in Osaka. Wow! I just got through watching this match. I've never seen anyone do a belly-to-belly suplex the way Takahashi did to Lee, throwing him from the top turnbuckle and onto the arena floor.

I was left wondering how could Lee still be standing after this match was over?

Last edited:

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Hiromu Takahashi vs. Dragon Lee for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship in New Beginning in Osaka. Wow! I just got through watching this match. I've never seen anyone do a belly-to-belly suplex the way Takahashi did to Lee, throwing him from the top turnbuckle and onto the arena floor.

I was left wondering how could Lee still be standing after this match was over?

Loved that match, was explosive start to finish.